Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 1:09:43 PM EDT
I am building a tool/range box to take with me when I go shooting.  I bought a nice size toolbox for this project.  I am looking for ideas of what should be included to take with me when shooting.  I am looking for ideas on cleaning materials, tools, spare parts, etc.  I usually shoot my AR15 and numerous handguns.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Military issue cleaning kit and a ruptured case extractor. Nothing like having a case head getting torn off to really %#$@ up your day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to the normal cleaning/lube materials, I always have extra foam hearing plugs, cheap sunglasses, extra set of clear eye protection glasses just in case my normal items break, fail, or for some reason "dissappear".  

I also bring soap, rags, and a jug of water for washing up, especially in the outdoor "on your own" ranges.   Other non-gun items that I always bring are kleenex, first aid, bug juice, sun block/chapstick, hat, and some powerbars and drinks.   A big moving pad (thick blanket) helps when laying down prone.  

I've seen other shooter's days end because they didn't have basic gunsmithing tools with them(screwdrivers, punches, allen head wrenches, etc.).   One experience I remember was when a guy with an preban ZM-Weapons sidefolder AR showed up with buddies and girlfriend to show off his new expensive toy.  The sights, which were held on with allen bolts, came loose right away.  NO ONE at the range had that size wrench.   The group left, and they weren't smiling.  Think of what might go wrong- and plan ahead from there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top