Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 5:59:56 PM EDT
Gents,
I recently bought a new 11.5" A-2 Commando Upper for my NFA registered lower and I am trying to I.D. the maker.
It is forged, finnished mil-spec, with a heavy barrel, a crush washer and the typical A-2 flash hider.
The receiver is marked on the right side of the carry handle with a keyhole symbol with 3 dots running in a vertical axis. The front sight base is marked on the right side with a C 99, and then a symbol that looks like an R in a circle and the the numeral 1.
The chamber and barrel are both fully chromed.

I have not been able to pull the handguards off to look at the barrel for a maker, chamber spec,and twist rate,as they're very tight and I will have to wait until a friend comes over and use the old "buddy system" to get them off.
I checked both Bushmaster and the S.A.W.(for Colt parts) website, and both companies offer the heavy barrel 11.5" pattern, but Colt also offers a lightweight barrel in this length.

Any help with identification is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike H.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top