Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2003 8:48:05 AM EDT
Will it effect the parkerizing of the metal finish ----the black .....if i torch it and bring it up to temp for removal? Im wanting to install a floating handguard and ill need to remove it .......to remove the front sight....

DO i torch it and then just wipe it clean when im all done and every things cool?

DO the companys attaching these attach them after the barrel and brake are finished?

Can i reinstall the brake afterwards --or-- will there be a build up of silver on the threads so i CAN NOT install it back on?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Red hot temp may hurt the park.  

Best way:  remove brake, gas block, bbl.  Blast and repark entire bbl.

If you have the ability to remove the bbl.  (not a fun/easy task, many factors involved)

Lauer will parkerize bbl for $55.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top