Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2003 4:13:49 PM EDT
I've decided to put a forward grip on my M4gery and noticed that there seems to be two different styles out there. The round straight broom handle style and the fobus pistol grip style. Is there any advantage to the broom handle over the kind with finger grooves, or is it just a matter of what you think looks the coolest. thanks in advance for any info.
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm partial to the broomstick style, mostly just personal preference
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the broom style also, you need to try a couple different ones and see which one works for you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Base, I like the "broom handle", in fact if you want to try one, I have one I bought from Dennys here on this sight.  It's aluminum construction with a rubber cover on the grip area.  If you want it "fo free", email me an address and I'll send it to you.  Nothing wrong with it but some cosmetic scars.  I switched over to a KAC M4 RAS and KAC fore grip, and you know once you go KAC you become a snob.  If you decide you don't like it, send it back.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have tried three different forward grips with my KAC RAS II: KAC, Fobus, and the Dieter-CQD Tactical Hand Grip.
The most comfortable is the Fobus. Next would be the KAC, then the Dieter. I am currently using the Dieter. I started out with the KAC grip, but I ended up trying to screw down the KAC grip when it wasn't aligned with a notch in the RAS, and the screw was damaged. It will still work, but I don't like stuff that is screwed up. I ordered the Dieter grip at that point because it seemed to be the latest, greatest grip out. The big problem with it is that it has a cut out for installation of a light switch. I have no intention of mounting a light switch on it, so I have a big hole there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey BBossman,
Thanks for the generous offer but I got my hands on a broom handle style today and I really like the way it looks and feels so I'll probably go with that style even without trying the fobus. Thanks for all the advice guys and maybe when I get some more bucks I can become a KAC snob too.
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
444- If the cut out is bothering you, you can slip a piece of inner tube over the grip and eliminate it.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pae99f1f37666b3884285b835d032e06d/fb5968e9.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Out of curiosity, does anyone have experience with Bushy's folding handle?  Seems like it might fit what I'm looking for, but Im not sure.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Great idea Dianabol
I am going to do that right now.

Edit: Ok, done. It isn't quite as tight as I would like, it spins. I will have to see how I like it after testing. Of course if it was any tighter, I don't know if I could have gotten it on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
take some heat to it it will tighten up
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is very, very tight. I put two pieces of inner tube on it, and it took me damn near an hour to do so. Well worth the effort, however.
It is times like those that I'm glad I bodybuild.
I would try a tighter piece if she spins.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I put two pieces of inner tube on it, and it took me damn near an hour to do so.

------------------------------------------------

Thankfully you didn't get mad and fly into a 'roid rage, you might have broken the forgrip.
Just kidding! I've been wanting to add an innertube to my vertical foregrip, I guess tommorrow is a good a day as any. What size innertube should I use for a GG&G vertical grip?
It is broomhandle style. AHHH, i'll take the grip with me to Wally World and cut strips of their stock to check for fit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top