Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 11:18:01 AM EDT
Does anybody have any experiance with these? Do they work?
Do they last?
Are they better?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
A2 stock Only.
Yes.
Lifetime guarantee, tested to 10k rounds.
Depends.

If they come out with a carbine version I am getting one.  Untill then I will wait.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
An answer for a non-existant question, but its your $150.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is a range only gun, then buy one of those shock-absorbors.  Have Fun with it.  Post a review here to let us know your opinion of it.

If you might ever, ever use this rifle for protection - Do not use it !!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I currently have the Oly version in my Bushy AR.

I bought it on a whim, I had the $$, didn't really NEED it, just wanted to get rid of the SPROING sound in my buttstock.

It works like a charm. No FTF or FTE since I installed it.

Better......???? well I don't have the sproing sound anymore. It did what I wanted it to do.

Last........???? I've put roughly 3000 rounds through my AR since installing it. No signs of failing to work at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... just wanted to get rid of the SPROING sound in my buttstock.
View Quote

The Wolff REDUCED power action spring will accomplish the same thing.  Try it.  I was surprised by this myself, and I can offer no explanantion why the reduced-power spring does not make noise.  I have the Wolff reduced power action spring in all of my Bushmasters (M4, 16" Shorthy, 20").  The Wolff spring elimanted the SPROONG in all of my Bushmasters.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
You'd get the most use out of it in Full Auto. It's  one of many ways to change the cyclic rate.
On a SEMI ONLY, you get rid of the 'sproing' noise. Some say it reduces recoil on the M16/AR15/M4 platform. Since we all know that platform is a shoulder killer...
Really though, if it does help, it will increase the control over the weapon. Again, more pronounced in Full Auto.
Is it worth 110 - 150? Depends who you ask.
My wife: No
Me: Yes, if I had FA
My buddy Albert: If it has some bling, that's his thing

-Steve
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If this is a range only gun, then buy one of those shock-absorbors.  Have Fun with it.  Post a review here to let us know your opinion of it.

If you might ever, ever use this rifle for protection - Do not use it !!!!
View Quote

Can you post some data to back up your reccomendation?  Have you had some bad personal experience with the product in your rifle?  

Or is this like the guys who say dont use Aimpoints or Flashlights on your rifle because they will fail in combat?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Where'd you get your Wolf spring and if I may ask for how much?

EDIT: Found it. [url]gunsprings.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#9]
You may want to look into MGI's new Rate Reducing Buffer.  I am currently testing one for Small Arms Review and so far it is performing flawless.  It slows the rate of rire from 250-300 rounds per minute and seems to have a great secondary effect of keeping the muzzle climb way down.  Larry is selling them and you can see a photo and pricing at his site at [url]http://www.ccfa.com[/url]  Just follow the link at the top of the page for "M16/M4 Rate Reducer".
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I am going to go ahead and give one a try I will let you know what I think.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top