Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 7:21:39 PM EDT
 Well, I am going to build myself an AR15. I am willing to take anyones input and suggestions. I amassed much knowledge from my dad (Treadhead71, if you know him) and I just have a few questions. Im far from an expert so please bear with me, and feel free to correct anything i say.

First off, Im looking for more of a tactical entry type weapon. In terms of stripped lowers I was wondering what the diffrence between the RRA and the Mega or stinger lowers were. Are there any complaints against either?

I was also looking at the sudo 14.5 Inch Uppers and really like them. But i might be pursuaded to go with a true 16 inch barrel.  

Im not really looking to put any optics on it yet, however in the future i might put on a eotech, which i personally liked over the aimpoints.

I dont think im going to put a rail system on it yet, that again will probably be a future add on. Unless i can find a nice one cheap =)

I already have a stock lined up, Its my fathers ARFX stock that he used on his weapon once the replaced it with a Vltor.

One thing im not sure about is that, I have slightly smaller hands for someone my size, and i was wondering if there was a MP5K style forward vertical grip out there. At knob creek 2 years back, i got the chance to fire a MP5 PDW and i pretty much fell in love with that grip. So i was wondering if there was an equvilant for it. If that isnt tangible, i also was looking at the Deiters.

And last but not least.... Blast my father for showing me those SEBR rifles. I cant afford one but boy do i want one. Now its painful just to look at it simply know its a great deal, but i got to pay for college first. BLAST THOSE INFERNAL BILLS! Well i guess i could stop eating for a few months and save enough to buy one.

And thank you in advance for those of you that post your opinions. And thank you for all of those that struggled thier way through my first post!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The same folks who made your ARFX stock make a [url=http://www.riflestocks.com/ar15.html]MP5K style grip[/url] for the AR.  Follow the link and scroll toward the bottom.  It's rail mounted, though, so you will either have to get a rail that mounts on the regular handguards or get a rail system for it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if this existed for an AR15. I personally like thumb hole stocks, so I was wondering if there was a stock made for the AR15 that incorporated the stock and a thumb hole grip in one unit. I think it would be an interesting and unique AR15 product. I hope someone can tell me this exists.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top