Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 6:26:04 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster 16" AR and a Ciener .22LR conversion kit. How much do you have to clean the ar after using .22 to safely shoot .223? Do you have to clean the gas tube, action and barrel, or only the barrel? Thanks

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Awhile back someone wrote that you only needed to fire a round of .223 and that would clean it for you. I clean my 15 maybe after 3-400 rds of .22
smokeless non/cor ammo. I fire 2-3 rds of .223 and
clean my rifle with clp every 4-5 months if it needs it or not. I also fire about 1500 rds of .22 a year. LOve my little convertion kit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I try to always fire a couple of .223 rounds after each .22LR session then follow up with normal cleaning.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top