Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 5:56:15 PM EDT
pin. I lost mine somehow, so where do I go to get one? The lower is an Eagle Arms, so I guess I will try Armalite first, lol. Real question is how easy are these to replace once I get one? Any installation tips? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the dealers in the industry section sell them, the only problem is you will pay more for shipping than the part cost.
Better to try local gun shops/smiths.
As for installation, the only thing to be wary of is pinching the spring when replacing the butt stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How did that happen? Did you have the stock off or something?

You should be able to find them about anywhere such as www.sogarmory.com/default.aspx

Click on the parts link on the left and they have the entire pin kit there to buy.

If it's the rear take down pin near the stock you will have to loosen your locknut on the stock and move the plate that is between the locknut and the lower. You will see a little hole there where your spring goes in. Put your pin back in the hole with the slot side facing the stock and then push the spring in the hole. You will have to hold it in there with one hand while you push that plate back against the lower to hold the spring in. Be careful not to pinch the spring. I have found using a samll precision type flathead screw driver works very well. Tighten the locknut back up and that should be it.

Someone else may have a better solution but I think that's it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Tommy at [url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url] can ship you out individual small parts if needed.  He has a cheap shipping rate for small parts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually I just put a Cav Arms telestock on it. Well, had it put on by a gunsmith friend neway. Guess he will have to find the spring he lost. If not, is there a spring and a detent, or will I just have to replace the spring?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a spring and detent pin, take the stock off again and look in the hole.
The pin may still be in there.
Click here for the diagram:

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/images/lower.gif[/url]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually I just put a Cav Arms telestock on it. Well, had it put on by a gunsmith friend neway. Guess he will have to find the spring he lost. If not, is there a spring and a detent, or will I just have to replace the spring?
View Quote

No offense to your friend, but I don't think I'd let him work on any of my guns again if I were you!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top