Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 1:34:02 PM EDT
I am having a JP enterprises trigger installed on my Colt AR15 model A3. The default trigger weight is 3 1/2 pounds. However, JP tells me that at 3 1/2 pounds, the gun may not reliably shoot NATO or forgien rounds. I can ask them to leave the stock spring it. This will result in a 4 1/2 pound trigger pull.

I doubt I'll ever use NATO or forgien rounds. I use the gun for fun, varmits, and plan to do some tactial competitions with it. So, I was going to go with the 3 1/2 pound pull.

This is my first AR15. Any advice would be welcomed. What do you think? Should I go with the 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 pound pull?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for the 3 1/2 pound pull.  In the unlikely event you have problems later, a new stock sping will run you a couple bucks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top