Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 6:56:32 AM EDT
i have a bushy carbine 14.5 inch barrel with 1.5 inch muzzle break.... just bought a V-MATCH 24 inch upper...complete .... here's my question... can i put the upper on the carbine lower???? or should i change the recoil buffer and spring... due to the change in barrel length??? 14.5 inch to 24 inch??? or is it ok to just swap uppers and shoot???? thanks...
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It might look a little funny, but functionally it would be fine.  A fixed stock would give a little more balance and stability to help take advantage of the 24" upper's inherent accuracy, but it won't hurt if you just want to be able to swap uppers for different shooting scenarios to leave a collapsible on the gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top