Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 6:11:30 AM EDT
What exactly was the "Delta" concept. I see "delta" style scopes , mounts , cheek pieces, ect... And I remember the "delta" M16 from when I was a little kid in some pictures.

But where did the concept originate ? Was it something the government did ? Colt did ? What would a proper "Delta" clone be ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember Colt selling a DELTA H-BAR  in the '80's. It was an A2 style AR-15 with a Tasco rubber-coated scope, cheek piece. The pistol grip had a red triangle emblem on it similar to the Colt 10mm M1911
[img]http://www.roger-raymond.tmfweb.nl/delta.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahh thanks, that helped me google what I wanted:

[i]
AR-15A2 Delta HBAR, (Cat.#R-6600 DH) an HBAR with
Tasco rubber armored 3x9 scope, A.R.M.S., Colt marked,
scope mount, hard case, black leather sling,
removable cheek piece. Range selected for accuracy.[/i]

But any more info would be good too [:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one.  It was nothing special.  The scope was a cheap Tasco equivalent to a $80 "World Class", the rifle's accuracy was mediocre.  I replaced the barrel and finally the entire upper with a flattop.  The fancy Delta pistol grip only had a cheap sticker on it that quickly fell apart.  The Delta HBar was an attempt by Colt to sell a supposed out of the box sniper grade AR15.  IMHO it came up way short.  The concept of a carry handle mounted scope is now obsolete.  The cheek piece was a work around to make it less objectionable.  The hot arrangement for something like it now would be more like the SPR configuration.  Just my opinion.  Watch-Six  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The Tasco scope was'nt as cheap as the ones i see at gunshows. The base of the Tasco scope did not use scope rings such as that seen on the Leapers knock off. The Tasco fits on an ARMS#2 mount directly. Not a bad setup for a carry handle gun as you can still use the irons. This may or may not work for some people if you exclude the riser mount. But like everyone above. HBAR's should be on their way out.

I've owned the Tasco scope which i bought seperatly since i could'nt afford the ACOG or the Colt 4x scope which were the only things going then.(so far as i knew) I paid way to much for it at about $200. It has'nt lost zero and has held up, so i would'nt call it "cheap", but there is certainly better scope products out there for your money.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top