Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2003 5:23:50 PM EDT
Hi there,
I recently ordered and received a new Armalite M15 A2 20" with green furniture. I didn't examine it closely in the store - I was in a bit of a rush to get it home and prep it for the range. Anyway, as I was cleaning the shipping oil off of it I noticed a number of cosmetic flaws. There are two pretty deep 1/4 in. long gouges on the left side of the upper, under the carrying handle. They are finished over and clearly not shipping injuries. The heatshields in the handguards do not match up well with the holes in the guards themselves. On the lower, there are two areas of superficial "pinprick" depressions, as well as a few dents and dings. All seem to have happened prior to final finishing because the finish is intact over these areas.

Is this normal for an Armalite? I've had a Colt MT HBAR and a Bushmaster M4 that had no such cosmetic flaws. I know these issues will not affect function, but they bother me every time I pick up the rifle. Should I send the rifle back, or am I being too "anal"?

Thanks for your help,
vanfunk
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be happy regardless of what you paid (lots if it is an Armalite), I would call their customer support and explain the situation and let them know you are not happy and come out with a solution.
I own 2 RRA and and a J&T kit, while they are not as pricey as Armalite they did not have any flaws, so there is no reason why your Armalite should not be the same.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Vanfunk, I do not believe you are being too "anal" you work hard for your $ and expect quality, the Armalites I have seen and sold usually do not have the flaws mentioned.

Robert

www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If you planned on never getting a "ding"
or scratch on your AR - you might better take up Golf.[;D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I'm gonna e-mail them and see what they say.

Ak'sRule - I don't mind scratches and dings on a weapon - it is a tool after all - it's just that I want to be the one to put 'em on there[:D]
vanfunk
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
All the Armalites I see locally and lust over at shows here are flawless...definitely call them.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top