Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 2:12:03 PM EDT
Looked at an Armalite ar15 20" w/detachable carry handle no muzzle brake. It is new.  $769  Good, bad or ugly. I really like it. Would like to know anybodys thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good price to me. I'm not sure what a reasonable price is, but I know a guy who bought an ArmaLite A2 model locally and paid a little over $900 for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Find out from Dave at [url]www.quanticoarms.com[/url] wants for it...Then buy it from Dave!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you tell if it has the NATO chamber? Will it have 5.56 NATO stamped somewhere on it? BTW looked at quantico arms, they had nothing under $890.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will it have 5.56 NATO stamped somewhere on it?
View Quote

Yes, it should be stamped on the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That is an excellant price on an Armalite. I would snatch it up right away because there is a price increase on the way Im told.
That is an excellant rifle, have one myself and it really SHOOTS!!!!!!
Also Armalites have the 5.56 chamber, this is on their web page under FAQ's , but it is not stamped on the barrel anywhere.
cp
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info everybody. Have see what I can do about snagging that bad boy up. I really don't need another gun...oh wait...you can never be to well armed, you can never know to much, and you can never have to much money.

glimmerman68
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will it have 5.56 NATO stamped somewhere on it?
View Quote

Yes, it should be stamped on the barrel.
View Quote

Not exactly , if the armalite rifle was made after 2001 then it's 5.56 nato they are all 5.56 nato except the match barrels!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Okay, just brought it home. $813.19 tax, title, and registration. M15A4, 5.56 NATO stamped on the left side of the mag well. The guy behind the counter said it did NOT have the chrome lined barrel. Oh well, had to have it. Fit and finish look quite nice. Makes my preban Oly CAR AR look kinda rough, and it's at least 95%. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Oly.

Now I want a RRA tactical entry. Black Rifle Decease/cancer getting worse.

I knew I should of never became a member here.

NOT

gm68
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If your rifle is marked M15A4 , and has the
"flying horse" on the magwell , and a white
"eagle" stamp on the front of the magwell,
it SHOULD HAVE a chrome lined barrel!

ALL Armalites except the target models have
chrome lining.-----------from the Armalite
web site---------------------------

[b]"WHY DOES ARMALITE OFFER THREE TYPES OF BARRELS (CHROME MOLY, CHROME LINED, AND STAINLESS STEEL)

Because each barrel has advantages suited to different uses.

ArmaLite's Chrome Moly barrels have excellent internal surface finishes, and offer excellent accuracy for a reasonable price. Chrome lined barrels offer excellent corrosion protection and slightly longer life expectancy, but are more expensive than unchromed barrels. In addition, the process of electro polishing the barrels, and the chroming process itself, tend to reduce accuracy somewhat. Stainless is easy to process to fine surface finishes, and provides moderate corrosion resistance.

Chrome Moly is thus used for Eagle Arms' standard rifles, for good accuracy for beginners at a low price. ArmaLite A2 and A4 rifles, in either .223 or .308 caliber normally are produced with chrome lined barrels for hard service use under adverse conditions, with stainless steel as an option. All ArmaLite match grade rifles, the Ts and National Match rifles, are made with stainless steel barrels for superior accuracy and decent corrosion resistance."[/b]

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#10]
The lower is stamped M15A2. The box says E15A4B. I don't see the horse, but it does have a white stamp on the front of the mag well. Although the white stamp is illegible,it is there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If your rifle is marked M15A4 , and has the
"flying horse" on the magwell , and a white
"eagle" stamp on the front of the magwell,
it SHOULD HAVE a chrome lined barrel!

ALL Armalites except the target models have
chrome lining.-----------from the Armalite
web site---------------------------

[b]"WHY DOES ARMALITE OFFER THREE TYPES OF BARRELS (CHROME MOLY, CHROME LINED, AND STAINLESS STEEL)

Because each barrel has advantages suited to different uses.

ArmaLite's Chrome Moly barrels have excellent internal surface finishes, and offer excellent accuracy for a reasonable price. Chrome lined barrels offer excellent corrosion protection and slightly longer life expectancy, but are more expensive than unchromed barrels. In addition, the process of electro polishing the barrels, and the chroming process itself, tend to reduce accuracy somewhat. Stainless is easy to process to fine surface finishes, and provides moderate corrosion resistance.

Chrome Moly is thus used for Eagle Arms' standard rifles, for good accuracy for beginners at a low price. ArmaLite A2 and A4 rifles, in either .223 or .308 caliber normally are produced with chrome lined barrels for hard service use under adverse conditions, with stainless steel as an option. All ArmaLite match grade rifles, the Ts and National Match rifles, are made with stainless steel barrels for superior accuracy and decent corrosion resistance."[/b]

View Quote

Yo ,a flyin' horse ???
are you dizzy ? that is the original ARMALITE, the new ones are with a lion ...later
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds to me like it is an Eagle Arms which is a division of Armalite. It has a chrome molly bbl and 1 year warranty
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL Tooly [:D] Yes I am DIZZY! [jump]

Correction "FLYING LION"  

Glimmerman68 - It sounds like an Eagle Arms
rifle - still a good rifle and a good price.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, EA. I must be a complete idiot. [whacko]

EA, ArmaLite, was a little confused. Am still happy with my purchase.

Forgive my stupidity. I hope I am still worthy of ARF.com.

gm68
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top