Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 7:19:00 PM EDT
Anyone heard of this outfit? Saw one for sale, and I believe that they were the precursor to Oylimpic Arms.
The lower was a slab side lower, with a 4 digit serno.

Any info on these?
Were they forged or cast lowers?

It has the cut in the front of the mag well that Oylimpic Arms says indicates a forged lower, if they made this lower.

It also has the 16 inch upper with the 5.5 supressor with the holes drilled near the base of the supressor.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto were manufactured by the precursor to Olympic Arms, they were cut out of solid aluminum billet and usually have some vertical machine marks. Some have tight magazine wells, mine does'nt. Some were sold as complete rifles and some were'nt. Can't remember the name of the people who owned the Palmetto trademark, it was in Texas. Anyway, Olypmic will remanufacture any Palmetto Arms lower since they were the Orginal manufacturer on any Palmetto. Mine is a four digit number in the very lower 3000's. All were slabsides. Hope this is helpful.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Are there any issues about the strength of the billet lowers?

This one is in the mid 2000's.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Equal to or better than forged, according to some people I've talked to.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an old side by side shotgun that is marked Palmetto arms.  I'm unsure if the company is the same.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an FFL in the 70's and sold a boatload of Palmeto lowers to friends. I got one that had out of spec pin holes in it, sent it back to Palmeto and they promptly replaced it. That was the only one that we EVER had a problem with. They were a little "clunkier" than Colts at the time (slightly heavier than SP1s) but finish was excellant and functioned fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top