Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 3:02:00 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster 20 inch barreled h-bar. I am considering trading it for a colt m4. I will use it mainly for plinking and home defense. Should I keep the AR I have now or trade for the M4? I don't really know the pros and cons of each configuration. I would like to hear your guys thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you can tell by my screen name what I'm going to say...[;)]

I'm just a big fan of the carbine. They're more maneuverable in close quarters and still just as fun for plinking as a 20" model.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
DON'T SALE !

Just purchase the M4, you need more than one AR !
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep your 20" Bushmaster and buy the M4 outright.  I guarantee that after you make the trade you'll wish you still had the 20".
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to have both. The only problem is I am short on money and I'm not sure when I will be able to afford an M4, could be years. I just hate to pass up this deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Instead of trading the whole thing or buying a complete new one, why not just get yourself a M4 style upper? They're not priced to bad if you get them without the bolt carrier etc...

[IMG]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/Images/pura2b14m4my.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Luke308 has the best idea!

Also is this bushmaster pre or post?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with the Colt M4 (assuming it is a REAL Colt M4). Check everything - ask lots of questions.  Tweak over in Troubleshooting is a fountain of knowledge on Colt products.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top