Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 12:55:42 PM EDT
I’m sure this has been discussed before, but due to search limitations, I couldn’t find anything.  I’m getting ready to buy a service rifle for local high power matches and am leaning strongly toward the RRA NM A2.  The best price I’ve seen for a complete gun was at Kentucky Arms for $925.  I’ve noticed that if I buy the upper and lower separately, the cost is approx. $100 cheaper.  Are there risks associated with going this route?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Should work fine. Enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically what you are doing (if I remember correctly) is avoiding paying part of or all of the Federal Exise Tax on a complete gun.

In terms of risks, the only thing you may want to look at is warranty.  [b]I don't know[/b] if they have the same warranty on parts/components that they do on complete rifles.

That being said, I am building my AR our of mostly (maybe all) RRA components.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I build mine with all RRA parts, i buy as I can afford them so I dont have to shell out the whole bit at once.  I also get what I want I havent had any problems yet
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice.  Buying the components will save me almost $100.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Many of us are building/ assembling our own weapon because of this.  I buy everything piece meal, then put it together as I get the time or next piece.  Which reminds me, I am supposed to be working on one now for a buddy....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top