Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 11:35:53 AM EDT
I just bought a DPMS AR-15 left handed. I would like to get some suggestions on what kind of modifications I could d to make this a better rifle. Also, this is a post ban rifle. Would pre ban parts fit on a post ban? I was going to order a military but stock and found out that the post ban are not ajustable. So if I got a hold of a pre ban but stock would it fit on my post ban rifle. The reason I ask is. If and when this bill is lifted, I would like to get all the goodys for it .
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes the preban collapseable stock will fit your post ban rifle. No problem there. The AWB will sunset on September 14, 2004, that is written into the law (sunset provision). A new ban may then possibly take effect. Unless you plan on buying another upper, the only thing you can add to you existing upper would be a flash suppressor. Your barrel would need to be threaded by someone to accomodate the flash suppressor. I suppose you could have the front sight removed and replaced with one that has a bayonet lug. Happy shooting southpaw!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I just bought another AR. This one is a right Bushmaster, not to happy with it . Its junk. Can ya share parts from a DPMS to a Bushmaster or Vis VERsa?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
bushmaster are NOT junk.......what's the deal with your rifle......tell us what's wrong and why you don't like it.  i'm interested cause so far mine has been great.  i wanna hear other stories.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
As for my self, I too am a left handed AR shooter but I did not go that route. I herd too meany responses about the DPMS Southpaw upper. Is the ramp removed from the right hand side. The ones I looked at was still there and it looked stupid on the upper with nothing comes out that side. Something about the bolt not right and ejecting wrong. I have no problem with the ejection of the shells from the standard upper. I just ordered the the shell deflector so I want scratch up the ramp. Good Luck with your upper.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a DPMS lefty and it works great....and there is nothing on the right side...I don't have a problem shooting righties either, but, if you are a lefty, why not get a lefty???..
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a DPMS lefty and it works great....and there is nothing on the right side...I don't have a problem shooting righties either, but, if you are a lefty, why not get a lefty???..
View Quote

he could be talking about feed ramps?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top