Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2003 7:15:24 PM EDT
I'd like to hear your raves or rants.

The Varmiter will be my next purchase.  Plan on going with a Lupy M3 Mil-Dot.

Any tips or advice?

I was considering a 20" A3 but, I've got a 16" carbine so what the hey.  Might as well go all the way.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Is our rant/rave going to matter?  It sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Anyway, I've had mine for almost a year and consider it one of my finest weapons.  You'll be amazed at the neat little pile of brass it makes at your 4 o'clock.  Not to mention the accuracy! [;D]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes,mine is a one hole shooter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
My varminter is the first AR I've owned.  I never shot one before that.  I had fired the compliment of shotguns and a few deer rifles and of course 22's but never for more than 1-10 rounds per year.  I got the varminter and have about 100 rounds through it and I can shoot 3/4 inch 5 shot groups at ~130 yards laying on ground with a bipod.  Good or not it has made me a more confident shooter.  I know the rifle is much more capable.  I have seem myself wobble on target through the scope.  It does get heavy carrying it around the field in search of crows and such but it seems to be a great rifle.  I'm only a beginner but wholly addicted to the black rifle.
I have a Leupy 4.5x14 50mm AO with the illuminated plex on it which I also think is great.  Again having no vast prior experience I have no point of comparison.
Even my father-in-law who was dead set against it (he's a bolt action guy who has been shooting all his life, been an FFL and a smith)loves it.
It woudln't surprise me if one turned up in his collection.
You won't regret your purchase.  My second AR is currently being pieced together I'll post pics ASAP.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top