Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 10:21:59 AM EDT
You ask?  Was I out hard pressing with the weapon?  NO!  I was taking the foregrip off to switch to a new upper and the bottom knob just unscrewed itself from the threaded pin piece that screws up to make it snug.  Funny thing is I did'nt crank on it that hard but it has been on the weapon for awhile.  It still is useable but you have to mount it by turning the inner portion up into the grip with pliers.  I'll be gluing the end piece back on just because.  Thing is I am getting a new grip soon anyway so not that big a deal.  Anyone else have this happen???

Never thought the KAC grip was the end all be all but I have always like the feel.  Might go with the TD when it gets out!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The bottom "nut" of the grip's stem is "ultrasonicaly welded" to the stem.  This, by design, then becomes a permanent assembly.  Sometimes (obviously) this weld fails.  It is our policy to replace these free of charge.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Horik,
Send me your shipping address, and I'll send you one from the "banished parts pile" that I need to thin out.

Who knows, maybe the AR gods will see this as good karma and reward me with a new SR25. [^]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Horik

Cold blue would know best, but I would like to add my two cents worth. Was the grip in mentioned the early type (machined Delron) or the late model type (injection molded)?

If it was the Delron type, Delron has a problem of breaking especially on impact. While visiting Crane, I've seen the Delron type brake (more like shatter) with a simple tap of a hammer. Thank god Knight's switched to a injection molded version.

LS
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is a later model injection molded.  Like the grip just unexpected!  THanks for the info Coldblue.....always like hearing your posts regardless the topic!  M4 man If your serious perhaps it'll help us both out...[:D]  Thanks all!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top