Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 5:37:03 PM EDT
I know this has been talked about in the past- however, that was before it's a reality. Now that it's ready for sale, would you buy one? Why would you or would you not? I think I will buy one due the service track record of Bushmaster. A light, quick-handling carbine for home defense is hard to pass up... Plus QD muzzle brake and firing controls is familiar to the standard AR15 type rifle. The magazine release button, Carbon Fiber charging handle and takedown and pivot pins are all in standard AR15 positions.

(edited to add some specs from Bushy web site)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i would not buy it, it still doesnt have interchangable parts with standard AR, also jus because Bushmaster took over doesnt mean its a better AR, sure their customer service is good, but i dont wanna send a POS rifle back to them every other week. besides, i built my Franken-AR within 1/2 a pound of that one (the Carbon AR was the inspiration to my urban camo franken-AR) .

Plus from what i have seen , the carbon one likes the THERMOLD mags the best and those are a lil more expensive and can be easily broken or cracked.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to wait and see.
I think they look neat, but I'd like to see a lot of glowing reviews here before I plunk down my hard earned.
Regardless, I'll stick with a forged lower for a SHTF rifle myself. No need to help Murphy out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It's about as ugly as the anniversary AR!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's about as ugly as the anniversary AR!
View Quote

To each their own.  I liked the anniversary AR except for the shiny parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top