Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 5:24:48 AM EDT
Gents,

I am about to send my Preban Oly back to them back for remanufacture.  It is out of spec and it will be an m4gery.

Has anyone done this before?  Is there anything I need to be aware about in regards to this?

Thanks in advance.

max
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Gents,

I am about to send my Preban Oly back to them back for remanufacture.  It is out of spec and it will be an m4gery.

Has anyone done this before?  Is there anything I need to be aware about in regards to this?

Thanks in advance.[sniper2]

max
View Quote

Although they have a lifetime warranty, they will do everything they can to discourage it. Are you sure it  is out of spec? OLY's are tight and despite what anyone says if it is forged it is a good receiver. What is out of spec?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
One of these days I'm going to send my preban lower in to Olympic Arms for a rebuild.
It is so out of spec it is not even funny. About only 30% of my mags will drop free and almost every hole had to be enlarged for the pins when I assembled it. Hell, even the writting is crooked on the damn thing. Somebody must have been having a REALLY bad day when they let this thing out the door.
If it didn't have such a tight magwell I would not even bother sending it back (it functions just fine.)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I called several weeks ago about this and was discourged from doing so. They said if I had issues with it they would do it for like $150 plus shipping both ways and about 3 weeks turnaround. Basically they said " if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Only problem I had was that a Bushy A2 upper wouldn't fit it, everything else I have does. The Bushy upper had to have some "Shade tree mods done to it".

MM419
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent mine about 2 months ago. Came back last week, brand new t3 reciever with the old serial number engraved. Other than the $150.00+, they did not discourage me..e-mailed me regarding the process and again hen it was complete. Attached it to a new Model 1 upper, took it to the range with 5 thermolds, 4 sa80's, and 500 rounds of olympic 62 grain. Not one hiccup, functioned flawlessly for every round...and it's a brand new pre-ban now!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
zipdrive

Thanks for the input.  I will send it off this week.  I already have a M4 upper waiting for it so it is good to go.  It is an upper from Pete In NH and it is a nice upper.  Do you have any pics that I can see?

Thanks

max
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I did it. No problem at all. I sent them an e-mail, they said send it in, I did, and got back my new one in a timely manner. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a discussion in the M16 Forum recently about this. Supposedly Olympic will do it with no hassles for pre-ban lowers and even registered lowers converted legally to full-auto as well.

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=166096&w=searchPop]OLYMPIC REPLACEMENT THREAD[/url]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I also sent a Oly pre-ban in for a re-furb.Mine was a "stop sign" logo oldie.I asked if the original type logo could be re-applied as I kinda liked it.Lower was sent off and came back shinny new including original serial #,and SGW "stop sign" logo in original marked position.Cost was $150 plus shipping.Nooooo problems.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056378-big.JPG[/img
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056379-big.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056379-big.JPG[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top