Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 3:50:08 PM EDT
I attended the Reno, NV Gunshow yesterday and spoke with the guys at www.SOGARMORY.com
They had a Predator Railsystem on display that was awesome!  It replaces the fore grip on the '15 as in the ARMS.  It was a fully produceable prototype that is so new they had to take it off of a display weapon by the manufacturer.  SOG doesn't have item on their website yet.
It has the same mounting prospects of the ARMS, but was more compact and even lighter!  The MSRP is about half of a ARMS.
Their rep, Jeffrey Trudgeon, said he would digital photo the rail and e-mail me with it directly after the show.
I'll post the pic's when I get them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Day late, Dollar short-
That's me.  This has been brought up previously when the manufacturer POF posted it on this site on 7-18-2003:

Quoted:[blue]
This new product is currently being tested by the military, and will be offered to the public for the first time in Phoenix, AZ. at the CrossRoads Gun show this weekend:

Designed & Manufactured by: POF-USA, Inc.

The “Predator Rail System”, Patent Pending.
Link to picture:
www.pof-usa.com/ar15gallery.htm (picture is one of the weapons sent to the military for testing)

The most advanced Free Floating, rail system currently available for this weapon system,
M-16/AR-15.
Available to the public by September 2003.
The “Predator rail system”, advanced design is the Strongest, Lightest weight, Rigged mounted,
Free Floating, Advanced rail designed system. The advanced rail design allows the rail system
and it’s accessories to be lighter in weight then any other product available.
This advanced rail design takes the current “Picatinny rail” to the next level of performance.
Developed for the military, and currently being tested this month at Quantico, Marine base, Virginia.
Earlier rail system and Weapon system currently at Fort Hood (Army), and Camp Pendleton (Marines).

The “Predator Rail System”, currently has 2 models.
The P-4 (M-4 or carbine model), and P-20 (standard length or sniper model).
Accessories: Sling mount (PRS-1), Bi-pod mount (PRS-2), and Fixed front site (PRS-3).

Available at:
www.POF-USA.com
[email protected]
623-561-9572 wk.
623-321-1680 fax [/blue]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ooooo, that looks pretty sweet.  :)
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been reading the other thread on the POF system. I think I'll probably get one. Maybe they would do a group purchase? If so, we could probably count in 3rdtk to be the first on the list?

To be honest, I think it's a neat system, at a great price.

ls
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Like I said.  The quality is outstanding!  I would have bought it on the spot but they weren't selling it.
I mentioned the AR15.com website.  He said when they are at full production they may be able to work up a promo for us.
I'll let you all know.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
They look like a good deal.  I've bought two KAC M4 Ras units on the board... both used.  One was like new with verticle grip, three 11 rib panels and two 7 rib panels for $250 shipped and another in very good to excellent shape with three 11 rib panels for $200 shipped.  What is the retail on the Predator?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
269 is retail
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top