Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2003 6:30:42 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I'm new to AR's and your forum. I have found plenty of great info here. Thank You!

I have just ordered an RRA .223 A4 standard upper with the Wylde Chamber, to go with an RRA lower I have.

I can't seem to find much info regarding the Wylde Chamber though. I have checked the ammo faqs page on this site, and it doesn't say to much on the Wylde Chamber...I know it's slightly oversized, and according to http://www.radomski.us/njhp/cart_tech.htm
"Designed by Bill Wylde. Shoots everything good, and has slightly generous body dimensions for reliability. Eats anything you put in it.".
Does that tell me even if it's a .223 upper I can fire a 5.56 round with out causing a problem?

Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated!

DD~

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to use absolutes when refering to a Specific caliber.  It really depends on the reamer manufacturer.

I'm looking at the drawings for a 5.56 NATO reamer and a .223 WYLDE.  Both manufactured by JGS.  Your summary is correct for this manufacturer.  From the case mouth back, the Wylde dimensions are similar or more generous than the 5.56 NATO.  The lead is tighter on the Wilde and both have a longer throat than the commercial .223 Rem.

It should eat anything and provide as good or better accuracy (due to the tighter lead)than the 5.56 without any serious pressure problems.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
olephart,

Thanks for the info...Appreciate it!

DD~
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Much to read! [url]ammo-oracle.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top