Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2003 11:08:27 PM EDT
This belongs here, but I also posted it in GD for greater # of responses.  Shame on me, won't happen again.....for a while, anyway.  

Local shop has a CZ .22LR complete upper for $370ish.  Looks decent enough, but has anyone here actually used one?  How did it shoot?  Any problems with it?

And for everyone saying "buy a conversion kit" I say NO, that's NOT what I want.  I'm looking for a complete .22LR upper, with a barrel thats right for .22LR  

Also, anyone actually have any experience with the fulton armory .22LR uppers?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
i want to know too!!!!!!!    JIMBO
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll tell you what...I've become a fan of CZ in general.  They are a real value if you get them 15-20% below MSRP, which is quite doable.

Having said that IIRC 379.00 is MSRP.

If you can't get it cheaper go with it, you won't be disapointed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This belongs here, but I also posted it in GD for greater # of responses.  Shame on me, won't happen again.....for a while, anyway.  [:D]

Local shop has a CZ .22LR complete upper for $370ish.  Looks decent enough, but has anyone here actually used one?  How did it shoot?  Any problems with it?

And for everyone saying "buy a conversion kit" I say NO, that's NOT what I want.  I'm looking for a complete .22LR upper, with a barrel thats right for .22LR  [:D]

Also, anyone actually have any experience with the fulton armory .22LR uppers?
View Quote

Probably a good idea to go with the complete upper. I have a question for anyone to answer about the .22cal conversion uppers. The twist rate for a .22cal rimfire I believe is 1 in 16.  For the .223, most seem to be 1 in 9. Is it possible to get any accuracy at all shooting a .22cal rimfire through a barrel that has a 1 in 9 twist rate? I can't see how.

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one.I have yet to scope it but it shoots MOPop can real well at 50 yds with my open sites.I have it on a DPMS lower that i put together just for this upper,color match is good.I have a Bushnell scopeview 4x15x50 thats going on it when i get time.I shot a box of Rem standard 22 rounds with no problems at all.I got the CZ upper thru Natches shooting supply a couple months ago for $299.00 and the Bushnell on close out at Midway for around $119.00 i think.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The upper is not made by the same CZ as the company that makes the 75B pistol. They are both made in Czech Repub, but the CZ for the upper stands for a different name. Be aware.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Good point, Clean_Cut.

The company that makes the CZ pistols is CZ Uherska Brod (CZUB), while the .22lr upper assembly for the AR-15 is made by CZ Strakonice, according to the J&G Sales website, which carries both.

Quick Internet research reveals both companies are Czechoslovakian manufacturers founded many years ago. Both appear to have been pressed into firearms mfg service by the Nazis during WW2, but CZUB now appears to make only firearms, while CZ Strakonice appears to be making primarily industrial and consumer type goods. I haven't figured out if the companies are otherwise affiliated, based on the info on their websites.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
My .22 conversion works fine with the 1 in 9 twist. One can easily keep a pop can dancing at 50yds.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Cykho2001,
Are you using the Ciener .22 rimfire conversion or the complete CZ upper?  Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top