Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2003 2:01:02 PM EDT
Will either the Mag-Cinch or First Samco Mag Clamp work with Thermold mags? I like F.Samco's more, looks sturdier but didn't figure it would work w/Thermolds which are what I use the most.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#1]
First Samco--No. The metal bands won't fit over the ribs in the Thermold mag.

Mag Cinch--maybe. It can be done, but you have to do a balancing act to get the plastic holders to sit on the Thermold mag ribs before you tighten down the straps. I wouldn't trust it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First Samco--No. The metal bands won't fit over the ribs in the Thermold mag.
View Quote

True, the First Samco bands will not fit over the Thermold ribs.  As far as the bands being metal, they are not.  They are plastic.  I bought one to try out and ended up snapping one of the bands.  It is plastic and is pretty brittle.  I was able to salvage the lower set of bands and now use it as a single band mag clamp.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 2:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The Fobus mag clamp is trash. I believe it is identical to the First Samco.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
So what's the best mag clamp on the market? I do have 3 metal mags & will get some USGI mags in the near future. Didn't think the clamps would work on Thermolds.  

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top