Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 11:45:37 AM EDT
US & Israel, and who ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.colt.com/mil/customers.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd take that list with (more than) a grain of salt.

They've got Hong Kong listed on there.  How many M4/16's do you think the ChiComs are ordering from Colt?  Or FN for that matter.

I'd bet that if anybody, from anywhere orders [b]ONE[/b] rifle or carbine from a government outside the U.S, that country gets on the list.

It would be good to know how many countries issue M4/16's to the everyday grunt.  Prolly not more than a handful.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd take that list with a grain of salt.

They've got Hong Kong listed on there.  How many M4/16's do you think the ChiComs are ordering from Colt?  Or FN for that matter.
View Quote

They may have in the past. I've seen photos of their police with them. I'll see if I can find a picture.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
made a bad post and had to say something in my edit...
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
From the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site:
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/ar15faq.msnw[/url]

[b]Q: What Militaries use the M16 as a weapon (either primary rifle or a for Special Operations Troops)?[/b]

[b]A:[/b]  Courtesy of Boris Kupershmidt

[i]M16 series rifles are produced in the[/i] US, Canada (C7/C8), Singapore, and China.  

[i]Nations using the M-16 include[/i] Australia (SAS), Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Congo, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Greece, Grenada, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Haiti, Ghana, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Laos, Nigeria, North Korea, Netherlands (Royal Marines), Oman, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Taiwan, Turkey, the UAE, United Kingdom (SAS), United States, Uruguay and Vietnam.

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I can vouch that they are the standard issue rifle to Kuwait (M16A2 primary) and Jordan (M16A1, M16A3s)
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Norwegian SOF use the Diemaco C8A1 SFW
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Holland.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
North Korea,...
View Quote

For some reason, I don't think that NORTH Korea uses the M16 family of arms.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Canada, The Netherlands and Denmark all use the C7 / C8 series as regular issue.

Not on any list so far, the "VFB" or Federation side of the Bosnian army use the M-16 (A1 I believe).
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to agree with Vulcan.  That list is BS.  It is probably safe to assume that those commies in N Korea probably use the Kalashnikov family of arms.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top