Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 6:41:16 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can purchase a low profile gas block that is low enough to use standard diameter float tubes?  Bushmaster says there dissipator gas block is too high for other hand guards.  thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what the note on their web site says, but Bushmaster used to say that their V-Match tubes wouldn't fit over the Dissipator but the Hogue float tube, which they also sold, would fit.

In all defference to Bushmaster, I doubt they've tested more than a few of the float tubes out there with thier Dissipator.  

As for getting a shaved gas block, a Dremel and some cold blue solution will make it fit under just about anything.  It's going to be hidden by the float tube anyway, right?

If you tell us exactly which handguard you want to use, then anybody who has that tube can tell you what will fit under it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
well I doubt anyone has one but it's a no name floating handguard.  If this helps, the Internal Diameter is 1.75".  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if it will fit, and can't measure it (no access to that rifle at this time), but my SPR came with a KAC Low Profile gas block.  It has not rail, and fits under a KAC FF RAS Long...

I got it from MSTN, perhaps Wes can spec out the DIMS for you, and sell you one if you like it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
wes, ok found the handguard.  it's a jprifles.com handguard.  could you take a look and let me know if it's possible.  it's a two piecer....
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 3:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
armax,
We make an excellent low profile gas block. The diameter of the gas block itself is 1 1/2". It will except all free float handguards with a minimum inside diameter of 1 5/8". You can check it out at [url]www.yhm.net[/url].
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top