Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 6:13:01 PM EDT
Found a new Bushmaster stripped lower at a shop today. All of the  markings are the same as mine  except one.. Safety selector is marked " fire.  safe. auto ". Just wondering what I found here.  Thought it would be cool to do a build up on but I could just see the LEOs face after seeing those markings. Wasnt sure if they come marked that way or not from the factory.. He has it for $185. Any feedback is appreciated... John
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Before you purchase it, call Bushmaster and verify what type of receiver it is ( pre, post of LE/Class III ) via the serial number. I have never seen any that come marked like that that were not Class III machineguns. I have seen some re-marked receivers that were married to registered sears. The price is OK but stripped receivers can be had for about $100 from Rock River and others.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Definately verify that it is a post ban or preban legal lower and not a dealer post sample. It was probably marked that way for someone with a RDIAS. There is no law against it saying AUTO.

A LEO marked lower in the correct configuration is legal also but both may draw unwanted attention.

It really is not anything special. I would recommend passing on it.  The price isn't bad considering what it cost to get one remarked.

Cruizer
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I can be fairly  certain its a post ban, as this dealer usually knows exactly what he has, I did not handle it so I am unsure of any other markings, as I am sure you will agree d rather stay away from something iffy  and not raise any eyebrows.. But just to satisfy my curiosity im going down there during lunch tomorrow and handle it and talk to the shop owner.. Thanks again for the response.. John
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Take note of the serial number.  It will help.

CJ
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
On second thought, you ought to buy it.

cruizer
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously?  It is a good price. I always look for answers on this board. Maybe I will consider.. John
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
$120 for a stripped lower
It usually runs around $75 to $100 to have a lower engraved and refinished.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#8]
These safe semi full markings are not engraved.. They are forged in..
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
as long as there is no auto sear hole.....or does not have a weld over sear hole, it's nothing to be concerned about. however if there is any indication that there was at one time a sear hole...run away from that, and keep running.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top