Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2003 7:01:57 AM EDT
I noticed several guns.  One was a 14.5" step down barrel to accomodate an M203 grenade launcher.  I noticed the telescoping buttstocks were rock river six position stocks.  I also noticed an H & K MP5. Wondered if anyone else noticed?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Those were ACOGs on the AR carry handles. Couldn't tell if they were TA31 or compact; but they had the fiber otpic tube.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw it last night, good entertaining flick. Were those Kimber 1911's and what kind of optics were on the AR's?
View Quote

Yup, Kimbers, just like LAPD SWAT issue:

[img]http://www.1911forum.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=350267&s=8a565f5f876ad4acdb1efc9ef3a006a3[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Kimber like Lumpy stated.

Compact ACOG on the M4s.

Overall, the movie was enjoyable, the ending just took another turn and made it somewhat disappointing.
-----------------------------------------------
Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie.

If you look closely at the beginning scene, the guy out side shooting the AK, in some of the close up, the bolt wasn't moving. you can clearly see the cocking handle stationary, but the movie sound track had that puppy pumping some rounds downrange.

Also the Collin took the M4 from Samual in for service, he said without looking inside the gun and said the triiger has been modifed. how does he know that??  one more thing, when Collin hand the M4 back to Samual the next day after he serviced it, he mentioned he clean the gas tube??  holy cow.

One more thing, if you look at every time Collin aim his weapon, no matter if it is the rifle or the pistol, he has one eye closed.

Does Surefire M500a with turbo head is noever bright enough. of course if they used the realy lamp, they probably white out the cameras.

everyone is a sniper after a week of trainning, calling hits on poker cards at long distance, but no one carried a bolt gun through out the movie.

during a press conference the captain speak of two armed suspect armed with AK47, it actually shown the suspect was armed with a FA tec9 and a suppressed pistol.

again in another scene the captain asked what brought down a helio, Samual answer with 50 cal and someone knows how to use it.  bad press for the 50 cal group.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw it.  It was an interesting flick.  At the beginning I thought they were going to start with the North Hollywood shootout, then suddenly the big SWAT van shows up.  It was set up exactly the same at first, with two AK-armed guys standing out front a bank, with pistol-armed police shooting at them.  

I also noticed the "two suspects armed with AK-47s" thing.  Maybe it was supposed to be a comment on how they always call whatever the badguys have AK-47s in the media?  

If you look, the charging handles move a little funny on their M4s.  Kinda like there isn't a heavy duty spring behind them.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

during a press conference the captain speak of two armed suspect armed with AK47, it actually shown the suspect was armed with a FA tec9 and a suppressed pistol.
View Quote

I can easily imagine a police captain doing this in real life.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of the S. W. A. T.  guys I know are JBT  govtThug [(:)] .They care nothing about the second amendment or the constitution or the bill of rights. They are as dangerous to the public as (the bad guys) even more so because they carry a badge.

To those of you who are law enforcement and value the rights of others I thank you and mean no disrespect as you are the ones that are true peace officers and honor your oath.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
2gun, how many swat officers do you know?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2gun, how many swat officers do you know?
View Quote

The one's in the movies, and the ones that busted in to his grandma's house and gave her the heart attack.

Oh, and the ones on COPS.

sorry about that.

AZTrooper

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
2gun...Its pretty dangerous thing to make assumptions like that.

I don't doubt that there are a few that fit your description...But  I would bet the vast majority are decent  lawabing men who uphold my right to bear arms...
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Three in Georiga from a pawn shop I worked at and 2 in Missouri one who's the brother of my brother inlaws wife. and his roomie.All Act like storm troopers.None have ever fired a shot on duty but all act like they can't wait.

I am not making any asumptions I am judging these people I know from there actions and words.

I am not implying that all LEOS or SWAT are like them but all that I've met that bragged about being SWAT where like I described.

I'm sure There are many SWAT members I've met who never said they where SWAT but where nice people.

If you read my hole post you will see I was'nt trying to generalise all LEOS or SWAT .I talking about personal experience.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would bet the vast majority are decent  lawabing men who uphold my right to bear arms...
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Three in Georiga from a pawn shop I worked at and 2 in Missouri one who's the brother of my brother inlaws wife. and his roomie.All Act like storm troopers.None have ever fired a shot on duty but all act like they can't wait.

I am not making any asumptions I am judging these people I know from there actions and words.

I am not implying that all LEOS or SWAT are like them but all that I've met that bragged about being SWAT where like I described.

I'm sure There are many SWAT members I've met who never said they where SWAT but where nice people.

If you read my hole post you will see I was'nt trying to generalise all LEOS or SWAT .I talking about personal experience.
View Quote

What is your point in this thread??  this is about the movie, no one ask for your opinion on the SWAT officers you might know.

All the SWAT officer I know are well respected, highly trained individuals.  I think your opinion are very jaded and bias.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw the movie opening night and thought it was pretty good.  Of course there were mistakes and some of it was far-fetched, but that's why it is called a movie and not a documentary.  I would rate it high on the entertainment scale but low on the realism scale.  Just my .02.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought the movie was so lame, I cant wait till they make a movie to rival BHD as far as action goes.  SWAT was a real dud if you ask me and i wouldnt watch the movie on cable.  So hollywood...so sad.  The only thing i liked was seeing my kimber up on the big screen.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I unfortunatly was disappointed in the movie....

...did notice the "...Suspect with an AK-47.." line

...when Samuel bet $200 that Collin could beat the other wanna-be SWAT member, and Collin and the wanna-be got upto the point where they were shooting the 1911s, in the middle of firing the wanna-be's .45 action came back, locked open, and he still pulled the trigger about 5-6 times (dont remember if they added in sound of it firing or not, even thought the action was open)

Was hoping for a great movie, instead saw a blah movie......

ReaperVelle
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, don't forget the claymore that we just made safe, oh we could use it, yea go back and get it.

Holy freakin shit balls batman, It's O.K. to leave freakin claymores lyin around?????

Bad light discipline throughout, too.

Semper Duh
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw it and thought it was corny. "Yea, I went ahead and changed the buffer and gas rings for you." I am sure that it was needed, Ha.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Which was the better movie-SWAT or Tears of the Sun?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Tears is a bit on the dark side and SWAT is happier.  both has equally bad script but the actionis fun and M16 action is plenty. it is worth a DVD rental.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Saw previews,don't like seeing my ol Delta L-1011s being used as a prop for a movie,as I grew up with that airliner.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top