Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2003 8:44:19 PM EDT
I have a stock Bushmaster A2 carbine (16" bbl) and want to put a bipod on it but also be able to put a free floating forearm on and keep my bipod at a later date.  How should I mount this bipod and with what mounting accessory?  (given that I am going to purchase a Harris bipod)
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Harris bipods mount to a sling swivel stud.  They make an adapter (#5) that fits through the holes of an A2 style handguard and provides a stud.  If your free-float tube has a stud you're all set; if not you can drill and mount one.  If the free-float is a rail system you can get an adapter that attaches to a rail.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The fun part is that there are Mil-Spec bipods that are Gov Surplus.  They ARE hard to find.  I spent several months looking for a Surplus Bipod.  A few weeks ago I found one in ShotGun News.  Believe it or not the Business is located in Kali.
The best part of Surplus bipods is that they just clip on.  No special mounts or anything else about them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top