Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:12:10 PM EDT
I was surfing the forum the other day and ran across a early model CAR15.  It really struck my interests.  I would like to assemble one on a preban lower.

Can anyone direct me to some info and or post a few pictures of their own.

Thanks
Danny
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was surfing the forum the other day and ran across a early model CAR15.
View Quote

Well , this anything like it?

[url]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/car15/car15.htm[/url]

[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/car15-2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
almost.

The particualar CAR that I happened to see had a stock that as nearly identical to the shorty buttstock and it also has triangular HGs.

There is just something about that pencil barrel that I like.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I know what you mean. A guy at one of the local gunshows has uppers like that. 16" pencil barrel, triangular hanguards. I keep talking myself out of it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The carbine length triangle handguard uppers are custom made. There are a couple ways to do this project, but most of us just got the large rear triangle adapter plate (or a complete upper) from the Hay River Trading Post.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]

look at this one,

world.guns.ru/assualt/as50-e.htm

it has triangular handguards and it sure is pretty too.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Made it hot.
[url=world.guns.ru/assualt/as50-e.htm]commando[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
What you're looking for is the Colt Model 607.It was one of the first carbines Colt came up with back in the Mid 1960's. The Rear stock was a shortened sliding version of the A1 stock, it had a 10" bbl with cut down A1 handguards and a 3.5" or 4" moderator.

WA TOM makes a close copy of the stock for $300+.  I have two Replica copies of the Moderator left for sale in the EE.

If you need more details shoot me an e-mail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top