Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 6:28:03 PM EDT
I have seen alot of these mags being sold lately. Has anyone used them at the range yet? What are the opinions on them? Especially when used with Busmasters?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The SA80 English mags work flawlessly in my Bushmaster M4gery. I bought one along with 3 Thermolds, but I just prefer the Thermolds more than the English steel mags. I think a black rifle deserves a black magazine. The SA80 English mags are slightly cheaper in price than USGI's or Thermolds. Use them without worry.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They work great in my Oly and the CAR-15 J&T I built for a friend.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 22 they work flawless they are the gray unmarked ones,I replaced the followers to green and just this past wedensday shot off in my preban bushmaster the 20 mags I had loaded to capacity the last 4 months,all functioned fine  and the follower is smoother in the mags since ive given them a full capacity run through,They work great.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
They work great in my Bushmaster AR-15.  They do not lock into my Bushmaster M17s.  I know that they can be made to work in the rifle, but I prefer to just use other magazines in that one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Feed and function perfectly in my RRA AR15. Had to file just a little on one for more positive lockup (2sec job) but that a minor quibble. Bought 3 at $15 inc shipping. well worth the price and extra weight of USGI.
Mine came with black/blue anti-tilt followers and have not changed them. Never need to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
They're great. Only problem is that steel rusts and aluminum doesn't.

I like them better, especially the black teflon (think that's what it is) ones. I'm not a huge fan of the gray ones.

They are a great solution if you want sturdier mags. Not a great solution if you plan on getting them wet.

Edited to add: I haven't tried taking apart my tefloned steel mag, but I can't for the life of me get apart the gray ones.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top