Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:15:52 AM EDT
HI all.  Looking for a recommendation for a tactical sling from some of you out there using the ACE stocks.  I'm in the process of getting my first AR15 (M4-DPMS lower w/ACE ARFX-E, RRA flat top upper).  What do you recommend for a good tactical sling?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the "Slings and other accesories" board.  You'll find all the info you need.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I just went through this and ended up with a standard CQB sling. It is fantastic, afforable  and does what it is supposed to.

[url]www.cqbsolutions.com/slings.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Horik, Will do.

Getsome, which one exactly did you go with?  The one that says universal fit for weapons with side mounted....?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got an ACE ARFX stock too, and also went with the CQB Solutions slings (got CQB on all my guns now).  I like the #200 (is a #137 SOP base sling), cause while it costs a little more, you get all the adaptors  so you can switch it to any AR-15/CAR-15 setup.  I also like to take advantage of the sling swivel near the receiver on the ACE stock so sometimes I use the CQB #121 High Speed Tactical Single Point sling.  Got them all from MSTN.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
CQB Solutions SOP sling HANDS DOWN.
got mine from MSTN.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#6]
MSTN=Mid South Tactical Network?
I didn't see any slings on their web page.
I have to say, I posted this same thread on the Accessories and Slings forum and got an immediate IM from one of the guys at CQB.  Very informative and I will probably be going with the CQB SOP.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll stand as the lone defender of the Giles sling from [url]www.thewilderness.com[/url] as the most durable sling on the market, and the all others copy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had really good luck with my Viking Tactical Sling. Check them out at:

[url]http://www.vikingtactics.com/ForSale/VTAC%20Sling%20Installation.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Wilderness or CQB.
Got em both, love em both.
My Wilderness works/feels great on my fully loaded out 870, because of its stiffer webbing.
Something to consider if you plan on "hangin" it on ya for extended use.

Semper Fi

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top