Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2003 8:11:16 PM EDT
I really like the way the stainless barrels look, but is there any advantage other than that over the chrome-lines/ chrome-moly barrels. From all information I can gather, I can't see any advantage, if any they have. Help me out...
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The stainless barrels should be more accurate.  I believe you'll see SS barrels on most Match grade rifles.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked myself the same question AFTER i had purchased my 20" Stainless Steel Bushmaster. (I decided to get it because of the look).
So i wrote an e-mail to Bushmaster Customer Service asking if there were any performance differences between them and their regular Mil-Spec barrels. I mind you bushmaster customer service rocks! I got the following response in less than 12 hours (same day).
Here it is:

[i]The non chrome lined Stainless barrels advantages are they are more accurate than the chrome lined barrels as the lands and grooves are sharper and they are easier to maintain than a Chrome Moly non chrome lined barrel like the DCM/CMP barrels. The chroming process strips some metal from the existing bore that is then replaced with chrome to make up to the same dimensions. The hard chroming process advantages are it adds to the barrel life and is easy to maintain.[/i]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top