Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2003 7:18:12 PM EDT
I purchased a C-More Tactical back before I found this helpful site.  It worked alright but started to lose zero on me so I began searching for something that worked and looked cool (I'm a qualified armchair commando therefore I need the best equipment.)  After lurking here for the last few months I decided on the Aimpoint Comp ML2.  Traded the C-More for one and had to kick in some but I didn't care as long as I got something for the C-More and didn't have to sell it to one of my friends.  Now, I have a question to those of you who may have a good set-up going.  I'm thinking of getting an extended A.R.M.S. #38 and the A.R.M.S. #22M68 throw lever mount.  To those of you with this, is it a good way to go or should I go with the Super Extended???  Or should I just get a #40 rear sight and the cantilever extension for the #22M68.  Obviously I'll get a lot of do whatever you feel and I understand that.  Just looking for feelings either way based on your experiences.  Plus I'm looking for an excuse to post after lurking for so long.  Another thought has been that since I am just an armchair commando who carries the rifle with me in the squad every night, should I buy more ammo and just use my iron-sights.  Thank you all for your helpful information over the last few months (you helped diagnose my loose carrier key responding to another poster) and thank you for tollerating my long rambling post.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 22M68 and the full spacer (no cant.) only, that's what I prefer. My advice would be to play around with the aimpoint first and decide where you want to position it, then buy a spacer to your liking. I like the #40 BUIS also. You can't best the quality of A.R.M.S. stuff.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, I should have stated that my wife casts a glaring eye at my firearms purchasing.  I'm thinking I have to set this baby up right the first time or I'll have to live with it for a while especially with the money ARMS is getting for its products.  I do appreciate your help though.  In the Bushmaster catalog it recommends you purchase a higher front sight post if using the #38 or the #40.  Is this correct or haven't you had any issues with the standard front sight?? Mines a Bushmaster post-ban M4 by the way.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Scotter,

I have this exact set-up: [URL] http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=174831 [/URL]
The Aimpoint dot is slightly sbove the iron sights. This is great when not using the BUIS.

See this thread for pics of what the sight picture will look like:
[URL] http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=164702 [/URL]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
new2,

"Page cannot be displayed" is what I'm getting.  Could be settings on comp I'm using.  Thank you for the effort though.  

Say, what type of sling do you have for your rifle??  I have a Giles but no one ever seems to discuss it when someone asks for a recommendation.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh God, good riddance th the C-More!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had a C-More Scout for 2 years now, and have not been displeased at all. I agree, the zeroing is a little tricky, but have had no problems with POI shift during this time. Don't suppose you have seen the new FN Tactical Shotgun yet?? It has a C-More red dot on top of it, course you know what kind of "junk" FN turns out right? Funny, they partnered with C-More and not OKO or ?????
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
new-arguy

Those were my sentiments exactly!! All those allen-wrenches and screws to adjust.  

Started losing zero when going from indoors to MN winter temps then it started losing zero if the sun came up, clouds were in the sky, or I was breathing.  The switch was also quite stiff and awkward to manipulate.  Last time I buy something for the "cool" factor.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
The setup I am using is a ML2 in a Knight #98512 offset mount with a A.R.M.S. #40 rear sight. I love my setup up, but if I was going to buy anything else though, it probably would be the 22M68.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Last time I buy something for the "cool" factor.
View Quote

Bet you eat those words!

But I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
as if there's no "cool factor" to the Aimpoint or ARMS stuff lol.  Some times "cool" and "good" AREN'T mutually exclusive!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]
But Aimpoints are cool [b]and[/b] good [;)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm so sorry.  Maybe one day you can upgrade to an EOTech.  [;)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

ouch !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah when he's 65 and his eyes are so bad he needs a 65MOA reticle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Bait...and hook!  I knew you'd respond to the comment.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#16]
 After running a gorgeous Bushmaster/Arms rail setup with an Aimpoint Comp and Aimpoint mount the other day...the Aimpoint gets my vote above all the others with the ACOG trailing in a close second....and depending on the weather...it is sometimes neck and neck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I put a GG&G scout length rail on my Bush flattop,  GG&G A2 BUIS, and the $15 aimpoint factory mount sold by Brownells.  everything co-witnesses perfectly.  Yeah , it would be nice to have a quick tach mount but for $100 more it wasn't worth it to me.  How often do you take your scope off of your deer rifle?  I like GG&G.  Good company to work with.  No cheaper than ARMS though.  Products are just as good quality or even better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bait...and hook!  I knew you'd respond to the comment.  [:D]
View Quote

Hater [:P]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:20:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
or should I go with the Super Extended
View Quote

Skip the Super Extended. I bought one and find the shorter #38ex much more practical on a carbine.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p7d940b6d7831dfa9eb5119f668be61a8/fc99c46d.jpg[/img]

ARMS#40 and #22M68 w/cantilever combo would be a winner too. Looks like the lightest setup for an Aimpoint.

p.s. about the taller front sight post - I only needed it one 20" barrel (Bushmaster). No problems on 16" carbines (Colt & Bushy barrels). YMMV
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]

END

If your eyes were good enough you would have noticed it has a 1 moa dot in the middle of that 65 moa circle. The best of both worlds.
PAT
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

END

If your eyes were good enough you would have noticed it has a 1 moa dot in the middle of that 65 moa circle. The best of both worlds.
PAT
View Quote

Wow, I agree with Glockfan for once.  Next thing you know, I'll agree with 3rdtk on something.[:O]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the feedback guys.  If I'd have only known of this site when I bought the sight.

Thanks for the pic and answer to the front sight post question gregw45.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top