Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 7:03:11 AM EDT
I did it. Put my money where my mouth is on the next purchase being an Olympic. Guess what? Not disappointed in the least. Took delivery yesterday and the first thing I checked was the receiver mating. So tight I had to press them together to even get the take-down pin out. Finish and fit = very good. They are shipping everything with the new Black-Tec armor coating on the bolt carrier, there is no contrast between the carrier/receiver/dust cover for you tactical guys. SS barrel has black oxide finish that matches perfectly. Trigger is real good for factory, about 4lb pull, clean break. Overall impression: not quite as nice as my SUM, but a nice, tight, clean little carbine. Out to the range this evening for sighting in.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding! I recently purchased a Service Match with an SUM barrel and have been very impressed.

Let us know how she does.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy or recommend a new Oly.. They are making a fine rifle!

If I were a rich man I think I'd order one in titanium with an SUM barrel and the Maxhard treatment. (barrel, not Ti)I think that might just be the ultimate in durability!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what mine started life as. It even shot 1/2 groups @ 100 yards. Fun little carbine. But I wanted a more accurate Varmint rifle [8D]

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=53952&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/053952.jpg[/img][/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top