Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:35:25 AM EDT
Just wanted to show off my Bushy with the NV I picked up cheap on the EE.  I like to look at pictures so here are mine.

One with the Scope that helps me shoot .75 - 1.75 ten shot groups @ 100yds with my reloads

If you dont have a Starlight case GET ONE.  They rock!!

One of the .50 Beowulf

And one of my other black babies.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks sweet.

Would you mind telling me a bit more about the NV?

Brand, power (batteries), power (magnification), how do you like it?

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The NV is a cheapy.  (my first personal NV purchase)  It is an ATN Warrior, Gen1 tube, IR illuminator(removable) 4x magnification, green recticle with rangefinding, it takes 123 batteries, one for the tube and one for the IR illuminator.  I really like it.  For the money it is great.  I can see pretty well with it.  I take it out sometimes and just walk around with it and try it out.  I sighted it in at the range one day and it was pretty accurate too.  It is hard for me to find an area to test the range of it since I have not had it in an area that has a good 100 yards of unlit space.  Gonna use it on Missouri for some Coyotes.  I didnt have $2000 to spend on a NV scope at the time so I had to go cheap, but I am relaly happy with it.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You da man 800,
I love that EXP scope on my 20" bushy, I can shoot about 1/2" groups at 100 with decent loads. And I can manage around 1" with the SA surplus ammo.
Ive got it up on the handle because i was afraid of having it looking through the front sight post, But My next one will go on my flattop, when i get the folding front sight. I get sick of the zero moving with the cheap z mount its on.

How's the Night Vision working out, Have you shot it at any distance yet? Im going to order the Paladin Nv for mine after i get my next check.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah they are great scopes.  I did not have any problems with m A2 upper and it losing zero.  I was amazed that when I would take the scope off (kept it on the top mount) it would hold zero when I put it back on.  I had to take it off each time to fit it in my sniper case.  I got tired of that so I bought the Flat top upper and a riser and installed the new upper receiver on the same barrel.  Now it works great.  I bought the BM gasblock 3 rail and their BMAS front flip up sight and I love it.  Easy to install and looks and works great.  (now I just need to find a rear BUIS to make it whole.  :)  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!!!!

What kind of cases are those?  I've been looking for a good hard case. Thanks.

Edit:  My bad, should have read closer, it's a starlight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it is a Starlight I bought from Bowers Tactical.  (GREAT GUY)  If you get one, he has great deals  and is a real stand up guy.  His prices are cheaper than direct from Starlight, and I think they are nicer than the Pelican cases.  They are a little tougher IMO.  Plus the price is lower.  Give Mike a call at Bowers Tactical and he will take care of you.

[url]http://www.bowerstactical.com[/url]
[img]http://www.starlightcases.com/new38.JPG[/img]

edited to add:
Plus it holds 2 rifles.  It is 2 layers as seen above, the .50 is on the bottom and there is a layer of foam between tehm and then the .223 is on the top layer.  I love it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]
800MTRS is the case you have the 38" or the 52" model?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
It is the 38" model
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, ordering one tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow! Very nice looking rifle you have there!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Could you elaborate on the EXP scope please ... manufacturer?  Model #?  Approx. cost?  Dealer you purchased it from?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Sure, it is a Tasco, EXP tactical scope, it has 3-9 power magnification, It was under $150 I beleive, I will check the box when I get home tonight and post more specs.  I bought it locally, and I really love it.  It has a rubberized coating 1/4 incrimental adjustments(which you do not need a scredriver or coin to adjust, it has a little knob for fast and esy clicks.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top