Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2003 6:24:35 AM EDT
FDCC is having its big 3 year anniversary shoot on Augus 31st. If you want to know more about the competition, door prizes, raffle items and all of the fun we are having without you, please see here;

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=172023&page=1
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you holding the match > Directions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I assume that this will be at the Lake City facility off Hwy 90 in the Osceola National Forest?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats correct. There are directions on our www site. You can see them here;

[url]http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/fdcc.html[/url]

I've edited the inital post to inform people where the shoot it and how to get there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
[sniper]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay guys, I believe I'm bringing a few guys from the Augusta, Ga area.  Do we need to preregister for the match or can we take care of that the morning of?  We already have at least one three man team; is the sniper position bolt-gun friendly?  Can you give me any more info on the match, such as typical engagement distances for the stages?

As far as I know, none of our guys have made it down to your neck of the woods before, so I'm just trying to brush up on the particulars.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally posted by: Rabbit9
Okay guys, I believe I'm bringing a few guys from the Augusta, Ga area. Do we need to preregister for the match or can we take care of that the morning of? We already have at least one three man team; is the sniper position bolt-gun friendly? Can you give me any more info on the match, such as typical engagement distances for the stages?
View Quote

Rabbit9,

Go to this thread for more info:

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=172023[/url]

Typical engagement distances:
Sniper- 0-200 yrds.
Carbine Operator- 0-50 yrds.
Handgun Operator- 0-15 yds.

Email me with your teammates names and positions. [email][email protected][/email]

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Is anyone coming up from the S. Miami area? if so, maybe we can catch a ride together.
Are there facilities to camp overnight if we come up on Sat? or a local hotel....
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
stang1,

There are several hotels at the last Lake City exit on I75. I don't know the what the rates are or what you're looking for but I would start there. As far camping facilities, maybe one of the other North Florida members can help you there.

There's another thread going with more info. [url]ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=172023[/url]

Hope to see you there.

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to get a local Michigan Defensive Carbine Club started up. How did you guys get started?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no idea how this band of scoundrels got started!
Haha, seriously though, I went to a local range where a bunch a shooters had assault rifles (mostly AKs!!!). I asked em, hey, you wanna set up a couple quick courses and time ourselves? They said sure! A month later I told a bunch of people we would get together to do the same thing the end of the month. For about the first year, about 4 or 5 people would show. Durring year two, we grew to average about 10 to 12 shooters a match. It wasnt much of a club but we were always having fun. End of year two and into year three, we started posting pictures of the events and it started to get more popular. We'll average about 30 shooters per month now, give or take 5 or so. Aside from myself, I think there is only one other person from the small 1st year crew who comes out. There's a lot of 2nd year people still going into year 4.

For a LONG time I was pretty much doing it all by myself, but it was a lot smaller so it wasnt too bad. Now, I have a lot of help. To be honest, I dont even do all that much anymore. Except run around the range with a little digital camera taking pics. Trying not to trip over anyone or myself. Sometimes I need to try harder! I've taken a couple spills hahaha! If it werent for AEM, Dirk_Pitt, CS223, M4Real, Hawkeye and a couple others, there's no way we could have come this far. All of them put a LOT of work and effort into every match. Man, after 2 years of designing every single course, now I dont even remember the last time I designed one! We dont even need my rickety old target stands any more. Between Dirk_Pitt and CS223 building props and stands and designing and running people through courses with the help of M4Real, Hawkeye, Paul and AEM when he can come, I feel sort of guilty taking much credit for anything anymore. NateM4 is a new FDCC guy and new to AR15.com and has become the official target technician (pasting and scoring targets). Dirk's 13 year old nephew Bryan is a great help recording the scores and keeping the line-up moving along. Fulda isnt on AR15.com, but he provides comic relief for everyone and is the go-to guy when you absolutely, positively have to shoot every single target (hostile or non-hostle!) [:D] He's also the 2nd string photo guy when I haveto do something else. I dont think Burney is on ARFcom either, but he is the guy with all the stuff you wish you had but know ou never will. And he lets you use it so freely it makes you feel like an idiot for thinkning you even have to ask. Paul helps me with all the picstures and keeps them doownloaded to his desktop so I dont run out of space! Everyone who does anything out there with us volunteered their time and effort and does it for the pure joy of doing it. They sweat more, get dirtier, wetter when it rains, all without thanks or pay. A lot of teamwork and cooperation just sort of started happening and it amazes me what we've been able to accomplish! You guys are all the best.

If you can start a club, do it. Strange thing is, FDCC isnt even REALLY a club. And while there's nothing to join or no dues to pay etc, this club that really isnt a club has become a pretty big part of a lot of people's lives. Its easy to fall into, there's not a lot of BS posturing going on out there and we all try to be laid back, keeping a good sense of humor. None of us knew one another before FDCC, now there's not much we wouldnt do for one another. This non-club has done a lot more for all of us than provide us a place and chance to shoot. (sniff, sniff) [>Q]

Sentimental mode off...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#11]
[b]FDCC...[/b]  [headbang]

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey thanks for the info, tips and hinters!
I'm going to ask around the regular Michigan ARF. commers if they'd like to organize something similar.
We've got a stretch of public land that we hold our shoots at that would be sufficient room for such practices.

Thanks again,
IB
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#13]
IB,
If you get some guys together we have some pages in the Training Section of [url]http://www.MD-AR15.com[/url]

That you might find usefull.

Instructions on building several types of reactive targets and such.  I'd also like to store copies of stages on the site so we could share them with other shooters around the country.

Thanks to Neil & Crew we're putting together something similar here in Maryland.  Tapping their brains really helped out, hopefully by putting this info out others can start similar groups.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Reactive Targets!  You mentioning that made me remember something I saw last night.  I was watching discovery or something and they had a series of shows on Snipers and Sniper training.  On one of the shows, Police Snipers I believe, they talked about a precinct that didn't have the money for reactive, moving targets.  So instead of shelling out the money for a commercial system, they tied two balloons, different colors, to a remote control car.  One balloon for the target and one for a no-shoot.  Pretty cool idea!  Just a thought if you were looking for a new reactive type target.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
We've discussed the car targets at lenght for many months now, but have not actually tried it yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#17]
stang1....i live in Ft.Lauderdale...right off I-75 actually....and am interested in going.  I don't know how you wanna try and do the arrangements, but e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll try and see what ther deal is on this
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#18]
USRECONMC and Stang1,

I am in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I'm also looking to carpool. USRECONMC, I sent you an e-mail.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
NewARguy and Forest:
Over on the Michigan hometown forum I seemed to have recieved positive feedback and desire from other local members to get this show on the road.
Would either of you mind if I cut and paste some pages from your sites as a foundation to get our  defensive shoot/meets on the road?

Thanks,
IB
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Iron, feel free to take whatever you want.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Any of you guys coming up from down south, if you are coming up Sat, and want to spend the night here in Jax, there are plenty of hotels near me by the airport. Your welcome to come hang out at my house Sat. evening for a movie or something, and then can follow me to the range Sun. morning.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#22]
So much for my carpool offer. The wife has decided to come along and keep an eye on me[>(]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So much for my carpool offer. The wife has decided to come along and keep an eye on me[>(]
View Quote

[lol]

Dirk

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]
[b]FDCC Rules![/b]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#25]
any of you South Florida guys, you should join
[url]www.floridashootersnetwork.com[/url]

There is a thread over there on the FDCC shoot.  I am in Ft Lauderdale, and will be driving up Saturday.  I can't offer any rides (unless you like riding 5 hours in the back of an F150 doing 80) but I can tell you where I'm staying.  It's $50 a night or so, which to me is cheap, but I know some folks will be looking for the concrete floor and spooge covered mattresses at $30/night.

anyone who is in the area and wants to email me regarding this, just click the little email button at the top of this post, or send me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#26]
New Ar guy, I will not have my AR built or bought(have not decided to build or buy) by the 31 st but would like to join yall on your monthly shoots. So where do yall usually meet, the Lake City range ?I live south of Orlando.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, we shoot at the same range on the last Sunday of every month, 9:30am. If there is a change in plans, (there rarely is) you will see it posted on our www site listed in my sig-line.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd love to get a local Michigan Defensive Carbine Club started up. How did you guys get started?
View Quote

We started a group in Missouri(MODCC) patterned after FDCC...
[url]http://modcc.port5.com/[/url]

September 6th will be our second shoot...
The first was literally a BLAST...

[b]IronBalaclava[/b] go for it!!!
the guys in Michigan will not regret the small amount of time and energy it takes to get this going - the rewards are priceless...

in terms of friendships developed...

AND it is a lot of FUN...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FDCC is having its big 3 year anniversary shoot on Augus 31st. If you want to know more about the competition, door prizes, raffle items and all of the fun we are having without you, please see here;

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=172023&page=1[/url]
View Quote

Are guys from North Florida with AK's welcome? I just saw the posting, usually spend my time on the AK side, so I'm sure if I can convince my wife to let me go....
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:28:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Any centerfire rife or carbine is welcome.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#31]
ohhhhhhhhhhh man, this is gonna be fun.  Got my team all set and now its just the anxiety!!

Looks like its going to be a blast!

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=172023&page=1[/url]
View Quote

Are guys from North Florida with AK's welcome? I just saw the posting, usually spend my time on the AK side, so I'm sure if I can convince my wife to let me go....
View Quote

Email me if you're coming so I can add you to list and print your scorecard.

Thanks!

Dirk

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Why is this thread a sticky on the AR Discussions Forum? Isn't it more appropriate for the Hometown-REGIONAL events and discussions?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:23:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Dont be jealous just because you couldnt come. [:P] The FL folks who dont stop by the the regional forum (where the link at the top of this thread leads you) appreciated the announcement here. Now that its over the tac is gone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Trust me, I wasn't jealous.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#36]
[B)]

I think that SMGlee, Duffy and I should start an airsoft club for us Kalifornians who can't own these.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dont be jealous just because you couldnt come. [:P] The FL folks who dont stop by the the regional forum (where the link at the top of this thread leads you) appreciated the announcement here. Now that its over the tac is gone.
View Quote

That's not a bad idea, maybe VA_gunnut will want the [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=171812]Virginia Black Rifle Day[/url] thread tacked up here too.  There maybe some guys in VA or NC that don't stop by our regional forum either.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top