Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2003 8:08:37 PM EDT
When I sit and look at my 9 uzi mags and my altered (qty. 1) uzi mag I keep wondering if I can make the cuts with a dremel.......I may try one for sh%ts and giggles........can anyone recommend the "bob villa - AR-15 9mm Dremel mag renovation method".....the thing that kills me is that I do not have the money right now to pay someone to cut them down......I'm figuring that it will cost $10.00 a mag.......I can buy a drillpress for $100.00 at home depot, harbor or lowes for $100.00....what should I do..............
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the back cut is a no-brainer....But the nag catch location is very critical for proper feed...To low and you have FTF and too high and the bolt may rub causing ejection problems, if you feel you must cut them yourself By all means measure 3 times and cut once..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a new mag block that uses unmodified uzi mags. I saw it at a gun show $150
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty simple.  It's been done with Sten mags:

Remove your mag catch.  With your mag block installed, upper installed, and bolt CLOSED, insert Uzi mag into the magwell.  Mark with a scribe/nail/somethingorother inside the mag catch cut.  Then dremel it JUST BELOW YOUR MARK.  Test fit (it'll probably push the mag too high).  Remove a slight amount with your dremel.  ALWAYS SMALL AMOUNTS.  Repeat until the fit/function is correct.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top