Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 6:04:08 PM EDT
Well gents I finally did it.  After years of trying to find one, I bought a preban bushmaster from JohnGa.  The rifle is in great shape and the upper is brand new.

It came with a M-4 barreled upper from Pete carry handle and side sling swivel, sling and mag.

John is a great guy and I am glad to have met him.

Now I have to shoot this thing and let ya'll know how she does.

max
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It's nice to hear that your search is over. Let us know how it shoots when you get back. Somehow I think you won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats maxell27.
Now, where are the pics?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats to you!!  I too just picked up my first verified preban three weeks ago.  I got a 99% condition 20" Bushmaster A2.  I bought it from an LEO.  Best part was, I paid $650 for it!! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Treelo

You are a lucky dog!  Wow you basically stole that rifle from him.  I am very pleased with it.  I have a small nick on the barrel and I am a little bothered by it.  How do you guys touch that up?

I need to get a digital camera, but everytime I save enough I end up buying other things......

[sniper2] [sniper]

max
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Put another nick on the other side of the barrel and don't worry about.

Or reblue the spot to refinish the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
To touch up small nicks and such, I have used Aluminum Black Metal Finish.  It comes in a little bottle and can be applied with a Q-tip.  Simply dip the Q-tip in the Aluminum Black and dab it on the nick.  It will turn the metal black.  I bought mine from Bushmaster.  Good luck!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top