Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 3:16:45 PM EDT
Just got back home from a local gun shop, Cactus was a sweetheart and let me go ahead and bring this baby home with us.  :cool:  
Monday, Cactus and I will be going to the ranch for a week, so my new AR and AK will get a work out.  :D

When speed and light weight are needed, this “” carbine is the right choice. Carbine length, ribbed handguards keep swing weight to a minimum and the handguards, pistol grip and trapdoor style A2 buttstock are all molded of rugged thermoset polymer composite material. The heavy profile barrel, with mil. spec. chrome lined bore and chamber, offers exceptional accuracy for its length and is externally manganese phosphate finished for complete protection against corrosion and rust - as are all critical steel parts of the carbine. The latest M16A2 sight system, fitted with a dual flip-up aperture for either short range shots at moving targets or long distance accuracy, offers adjustment for windage and elevation. The elevation knob is graduated from 300 to 800 meters so that range adjustments may be made without the need to calculate bullet drop. The forged, lightweight 7075T6 aircraft quality aluminum receivers have all M16A2 design improvements including cartridge case deflector, last round bolt hold-open and raised ridges for magazine release button protection. The XM15 E2S “” Carbine is shipped complete with 10 round magazine, operation, safety, and instruction manual and carrying sling - all in our lockable, Bushmaster hard shipping case.

Now I need to get some 30rd mags for this baby, any suggestions??

TG
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[center]Congrats! [headbang] I found that Steve at [email protected] has the best selection and he is quick with your order. E-mail him for a price list. If you have some time you can order some USGI mags on the equipment exchange for around $12 ea. and a can of perma-slik from Georgia Precision [url]http://www.georgiaprecision.com/cart/items/Magazineparts.htm[/url]and do your own refinishing project. Steve has green followers also. Here's mine. [/center][center][img]http://home.nc.rr.com/blueshockey77/perma_slik.jpg[/img][/center]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,  GI Mags is the way to go?
Ammo deals out there?

Oh, and accessories?? :)

TG

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost everyone on this board will recommend GI mags. I like Okay and Sanchez models but definitely USGI. I've only bought ammo from ammoman.com and wholesale hunter. Lake City XM193 1000 rounds at $199 shipped at ammoman. You get your ammo fast and he's great to deal with! If you check the ammunition board you can usually catch a sale somewhere with the link posted. What type of accessories are you looking into?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! Now wait till you see how much you spend on ammo, mags, and accessories.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Stick to the USGI mags.  Lots of people are trying the British ones, I haven't personally.  As for ammo, ammoman is probably the best way to go.  He has some of the best, consistent, pricing out there.  Shipping is included.  At the last gun show, I bought some ammo from a company called Miwall.  Their prices were really good, and no shipping.  [url]http://www.miwallcorp.com/miva/merchant.mv[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some Colt 20rd mags on the way, but  will purchase some GI 30rd mags asap. :)
Looking forward to monday at the ranch shooting this new baby.

[IMG]http://www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TMO-Member-Favorite-Battle-Rifles/MVC_169F.jpg[/IMG]

TG
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the new Bushy.  I agree, USGI are the only mags to use.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, you all have been most helpful,  will send off and get some GI mags asap. :)

Monday, I'll start breaking in  this new bushmaster.

TG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top