Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 11:23:27 AM EDT
Hi.  I got a new OlyArms with a 16" barrel about two weeks ago. It runs nicely with about 350 rounds through it now.  I took the advice and was trying to sight it in as per the Maryland Shooters page for the 50/200 zero and made the adjustments to the elevation knob.  I used an adjustable front rest and a bag at the rear.  I chose Federal American Eagle 62 grain, and could not hit the circle at 25 yards, not to mention 50 or 100.  The rounds were all over the place.  10 rounds at 100 yards and only 2 hit.  And today was no exception.

Until I got rid of the rear rest and only used the front rest, and an orange target that I could see.  Then I was able to group three rounds within 3/4" at 50 yards.  I ran out of ammo and only had a box of PMP 55 grain, and thought what the heck, and took on the 100 yard target.  I aimed a little low, but all 10 hit.  Then over to the longer distance range and was able to make hits at 300, 400, and one at 500 yards hitting the gong.

So I had a good day, and think I really like this weapon now.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had any luck with federal ammo in any caliber I've shot.  I've always found the accuracy of the round to be very poor.  This might or might not explain the accuracy issues you were having with the 62gr ammo.  Also on a side note, federal hydra-shoks is the only ammo my Glock has had trouble digesting.  It only failed to feed one time but for me that was enough.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the board. [beer]

You too will need psychiatric help soon. Wait till the "I don't have enough ammo bug hits," followed by the "I don't have enough magazines," soon to be eclipsed by "I don't have enough AR's." It's a vicous cycle.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard.  This place is a bad influence.  I have spent a lot of money on rifles, mags and more.

You to will be hit by the "Disease."

Luckily your in good company.

max
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You too will need psychiatric help soon. Wait till the "I don't have enough ammo bug hits," followed by the "I don't have enough magazines," soon to be eclipsed by "I don't have enough AR's." It's a vicous cycle.....

ZHUKOV,

LMFAO [ROFL]

That is a complete no shitter!!

"The Dr. is out shooting"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top