Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 3:15:12 PM EDT
ok guys,
With myself getting older my vision is not what it used to be. I went to the range the other day and using my iron sights has gotten really poor. Dont get me wrong. I can hit what I am aiming at at 50 yrds which isnt shit. Can you guys tell me what the absolute best scope theres is out there for shooting with both eyes open. Something you all would use in a shtf situation. I like the looke of the tactical lighted rectical scopes/acog etc that are out there but have never tried them. I am looking to put this scope on a flat top 16" bushmaster upper. I have probably left something out. So please let me know.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out this post in the Optics forum  for a detailed discussion.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=139306[/url]

My opinion:
for arms length to 200m, Aimpoint.  For arms lenght to 400 m plus, ACOG.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much. Thats gave me allot of answers I was missing.
Brian
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just put an Aimpoint Comp ML2 on my carbine and cannot tell you how impressed I am. I was having trouble sighting my rifle using iron sight (tired eyes), but had it dialed in within minutes using the Aimpoint. Once set up it is damn near inpossible to miss at anything you aim at. If you can see it you will hit it. Check out the propaganda at [url]www.aimpoint.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
AIMPOINT OR EOTECH REFLEX COLLAMATOR SIGHTS for
CQB distances-300yds. For Professional/military/LEO use.
EXCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top