Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 11:50:39 AM EDT
I have the opportunity to buy a Colt AR15 M$.  It is preban, original M4 from colt.  Semi of course.  The price is $2500.  Is this a good deal.  It is not a conversion or build.  It is straight from Colts vault.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
1) All Colt AR15 "M4"s are really M4gerys just like everyone else's, a M4 is a SBR machine gun.

2) AFAIK, there is no such thing as a preban "original" M4gery...  The M4 was adopted around 1994 and I don't recall there being any AR15 M4geries built before the ban...   I could easily be wrong on this through.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, somebody is blowing smoke up your ass.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to mention if you pay $2500 for a new preban rifle you can't shoot it. It would be to put away for an investment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
At that price I do not know how much of an investment it could be.It is a 3 digit serial # too. The dealer isinbedwith colt. Theyeven have a Colt prototype "smartgun"from their vault.  It has the electronics removed though.  Not tomention a lot of other prototypes. Like an original camo colt prototype. Abunch of guns from their vault like 4 - 50 cal.  I will have to look at it closer.  It is a new gun though.(meaning un-fired direct from Colt.  Preban though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
buy a preban colt with these features:

1)  small hole lower
2)  raised magwell fence
3)  drilled detent hole

all these were on my blue label colt sporter hbar.

4)  preban status

Then sell upper and buy your new Colt preban M4 upper in flat top config.  You would save about $500 min.  good luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
you would be better off buying a RRA post ban M4 wannabe. 2500 bucks is a lot of money to spend on a AR that will perform no better as the post ban ones.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Buy it so we can see pictures!
I even volunteer to help ya break it in![/b]
[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top