Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 11:36:31 AM EDT
I know the Armalite AR-10 is very well respected but I was wondering what other options there are.  I have seen the Oly in .308 but haven't heard any feedback on them.  What magazines are used in the non Armalite guns?  Should I just wait and save for the Armalite??  Thanks....    
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Oly .308?

To my knowledge Armalite, Knights, DPMS and ASA make (or made in the recent past) .308 ARs.

The Knights SR25 is expensive and good enough for the military.

The DPMS is a good price and is designed as more of a target rifle.

The Armalite is good quality, uses M1A/M14 mags and is available in a variety of different configurations.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at a armalite AR-10. Nice gun. However I decided to go with a DSA FAL. If your open to other 308 rifles I'd check them out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  It looks like I'll save my pennies for the Armalite.  M-14 mags aren't the cheapest around thses days but they are a hell of a lot less than $125!!!  

As for the FAL...  I'm in the process of building a primo STG-58 kit on a DSA Type I receiver.  I have plenty of FAL mags so it's too bad about the ASA.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the Eagle Arms AR-10 also use M-14 mags?  Are there any major differances between the Armalite and Eagle Arms rifles other than price?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Armalite-Lifetime warranty
Eagle Arms-one year warranty

Armalite has more options for barrel type. Eagle Arms does not offer a chrome lined barrel or a muzzle brake.

Both brands use the same magazines.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the comparison AR-10.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top