Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 6:39:59 AM EDT
34 days since I ordered my 20" HBAR.

Come on, it only a standard HBAR!

They said a month, no word yet.

I am going nuts!  It my first AR.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yet more proof that Black Rifle Disease spreads not by contact with the object. It must be some kind of group psychosis.

Hang in there, man. I can't imagine how I would feel if mine wasn't in my safe...
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't you heard? When RRA quotes you 4 weeks they really mean 8 weeks! I waited 7 weeks for mine to be delivered and another week for me to drive down to pick it up! But don't dare call, b/c you will likely be treated like crap and you'll be upset and swear to never buy a RRA product again. The product [b]is[/b] great, the customer service [b]isn't.[/b]
B9
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine from [url]www.rbprecision.com[/url] and couldn't be happier.  I had it in about a week and a half.  They are a RRA dealer, and the finished product is the best I have seen so far.  Their prices are VERY good also.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew that RRA was taking longer than they said.  But I also heard that most of the problems with them taking so long was with varmit rifles and the such. Not the standard no frills A2 20".

I already have ammo, I already drove to another state for 30 round mags. (MD has 20 round max)
I WANT MY AR!!!![>Q]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
That means you only have about 14 more days to go
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
waited almost 7 weeks...If its any comfort they are well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Just hang in there, it'll worth the wait. Once you get it, if you can, post us all a pic to see that new baby!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just hang in there, it'll worth the wait. Once you get it, if you can, post us all a pic to see that new baby!
View Quote

I will take TONS of pics!  [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered mine on APRIL 15th.

Still waiting.

20 Varminter flattop
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess the obvious question to you (mjohn3006) is why didn't you just buy a 20" standard HBAR from a stocking dealer?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
RRA seems to have become the must have rig in the last year or so.  I think delivery is running about eight weeks.  Plus, I imagine they are out at Perry for the next couple of weeks, so that may push it back farther.  

Worth the wait.  Have had my NM RRA since Novemeber.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol I am sitting on 11 weeks and counting for 2 matched upper/lower Sets with Consecutive #'s  maybe I should have just walked to the factory and got them  would have been back by now!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Take a deep breath, put you feet up and get comfortable. I just got my 24" Varminter after waiting about 10 weeks. I just broke it in and it may prove to be my most accurate rifle and I have four bolt heavy barrel varmint rifles. The groups just keep getting smaller as I use it. Great trigger. I was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered mine on APRIL 15th.

Still waiting.

20 Varminter flattop
View Quote

I thought my wait was going to be the longest  --  and it still might!  I ordered a RRA Varminter on April 25.  It "came in" just a few days ago, but was the wrong one.  So, I'm looking at another 6 weeks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys -

There is an industry wide shortage of barrel extensions.  I ordered 20 in NOVEMBER from DPMS and got 10 in February, the other 10 just arrived last week!  I also got 6 from RRA and those were (at that time) the last 6 they had (neither of us realized it).  Same story at Brownells and Bushy.  Now that extensions seem to be available again, those RRA uppers should be getting out soon.  This extension shortage caught all of us off gaurd, some big gubment contract swooped em all up

Hang in there, should be soon

Marty
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The days are long but the wait is worth it!

RRA is awesome!  I waited 7 weeks for mine so I know the feeling.  But when you open that box and see your new AR, well, you will be glad you waited.....

Hang in there!

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I have posted this before, but my vanilla (actually black) RRA A2 20" HBAR was ordered April 10 and arrived July 3. To add insult to injury, had to wait for MD paperwork for another week.

(Yes, I know that I shouldn't of had to wait for MD paperwork, but that argument is now moot)

Good luck; haven't been to the range to try it out yet but the fit/finish/machining looks and feels superb.

I think someone else pointed out elsewhere that RRA moved their production facility and was down for a couple of weeks...
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess the obvious question to you (mjohn3006) is why didn't you just buy a 20" standard HBAR from a stocking dealer?
View Quote

Because the stocking dealer wanted $900, and I bought mine for $720.

I think that makes up for the wait.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#19]
[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]ITS COMING!!!!!![bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]

I went to the Gun Shack today and asked for the status.(my friend also ordered the same rifle)  The shop owner called RRA, and they said for sure that one of the rifles would be shipped tomorrow(Friday), and that most likley BOTH would be shipped tomorrow.

So they should be here soon. [bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't feel too bad. I ordered an Oly arms lower on 5/02/03 and got it in my hands for the first time today, 7/31/03.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top