Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2003 1:13:44 PM EDT
A friend and I both bought DCM Bushmaster rifles with the two stage match triggers. While we don't have a lot of rounds through them the triggers have not gave us any problems.

Another guy we sometimes shoot with has one in his rifle with about 4,000 rounds through it and so far it has not had any problem. It still has the same great zero creep light second stage without any adjustment since it was installed.

I see a lot of posts on the net claiming these triggers are junk and I would like to know why this is.

Are some of the parts soft? Can they be hardened?

I know a machinist that is an expert in this field if it is required.

If this needs to be done I would like to do it now and not have it screw up in a highpower match.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My Bushmaster Varminter has performed flawlessly for the time I've had it.  (since they first released the model)  Its not as nice as, say, the Jewell trigger in one of my other ARs but it is nice none the less...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushmaster Varmint Special with the 2 stage trigger in it.  I have put about 300 hundred rounds through it with out any problems.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It's really not that bad of a match trigger as long as you keep it well lubed, when it gets dry the first stage gets gritty and inconsistant but the trigger still breaks clean. I have a Jewell and an Armalite match triggers also and the BM is just as good as long as you lube it. Tan.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top