Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 12:22:54 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good rail for mounting optics? I kinda like that Fobus forearm rail, since I still have A2 sights, not a flat top, on my RRA. But it doesn't look like Fobus makes a mid-length railed forearm.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to keep using the delta ring? You mentioned fobus, but you might want to check out OLY arms FIRSH rail system. (They make it in mid length now!)
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd kinda like to keep it looking as much original as possible.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
ArmaLite makes a midlength, non free float rail system. HTH
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You could use any of several rail systems that wil mount directly to the current HG...GGG, Denny's/Global Tactical, Ace, Advanced Armament, and many others have units that would work for you, keep your rifle pretty much intact, and could be removed to restore it completely if you desired.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I would not reccommend mounting any forward optic on a non free floating forend.  It does not provide enough rigidity for keep an optic zeroed.

Think about an ARMS #39 Gooseneck mount.  Retains original appearance of your rifle and allows for much sturdier forward mounting of optics.  Dettaches quickly and has a darn good return to zero.  All this along with the use of your A2 sights.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would not reccommend mounting any forward optic on a non free floating forend.  It does not provide enough rigidity for keep an optic zeroed.

Think about an ARMS #39 Gooseneck mount.  Retains original appearance of your rifle and allows for much sturdier forward mounting of optics.  Dettaches quickly and has a darn good return to zero.  All this along with the use of your A2 sights.
View Quote

223, do have a link to that mount or know who sells them?

Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
[url=www.armsmounts.com]ARMS[/url]

Looking under product list for the #39.

Do a search here for #39 or look through EE and there may be one going for $100.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks 223, that looks perfect!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top