Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 10:31:20 AM EDT
just bought one,havent shot it yet and probably wont for a few days.been "playing"with it ,loaded the mag to work some rounds through it.all fed fine,but about 50% of the time,rounds didnt eject.is this because the bullet is still in the case?do you think this will happen when its fired? thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Since it's a 'Blow Back' action - a good part of extraction is going to be due to the case pushing back on the bolt to cycle the action.

You do relize test cycling the action (by hand) with live rounds isn't the wisest (safest) of things to do?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
did it outdoors in safe direction.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
any one else?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine will feed live rounds if I cycle it REALLY fast. Otherwise they hang on the extractor.

Go shoot the darn thing. BTW, 230 gr Fiocchi ball ammo from ammoman is CLEAN burning stuff.
In a blowback action, clean burning ammo makes for a more enjoyable shooting session....you'll see young Jedi....  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine cycles properly if you do it real fast too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
going to shoot it tomorrow.this makes my fourth a.r.,but i have never dealt with a pistol cal.upper before.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have played around with them and done some T&E with the Oly 45 cal ARs.  I think you will find it to fire pretty well for, it is a fun shooting rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you'll find that it will function fine under actual firing conditions.  My PCR-9 has run flawlessly while my PCR-45 has had one problem with the old-style ejectors.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
The ejection port on those is a bit short to be ejecting full cartridges. Will be fine with empties.

I will suggest that when not shooting you either lock the bolt open or remove the bolt as when the bolt is closed the ejector spring is heavily tensioned and prone to failure.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#10]
i would hata to keep the bolt out or locked open,wanted this for a home-defense type weapon!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#11]
The standard 5.56 round is better for HD, the 45 HP fills up when it hits sheetrock and turns into a giant slug.  223/5.56 break apart, but it is still a fun gun!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
so do you guys who have these keep the bolts out or locked back?i put abuot 200 rounds through it today,everything fromwin.fmj,hydrashok,wolf,and golden-sabre.100%reliable!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...wanted this for a home-defense type weapon!
View Quote

To this I gotta ask

[b]WHY!?[/b]

The 5.56 round does more dammage to the bad guy, penetrates body armor, and is less likely to overpenetrate (or cause problems down range in the event your rounds miss and go through a wall).

Besides the 5.56 uppers & magazines are more reliable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
i have a pre-ban pwa with bushmaster m-4 upper i keep in one room,this will be in another.my wifes"house-gun "is a 4 inch 357mag.i have a usp 45.i believe the 45 to be a "harder-hitter"i have personally seen a person hit with a 45.auto corbon plus-p and they were literally up-ended at a distance of about 20-30ft,and that rocks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#15]
There is absolutely no reason to keep the bolt locked back or our of the gun. none what so ever. The new ejector springs on the Oly guns are a much heavier gauge, AND are some of their "E-spring" springs that are made of a proprietary alloy that is Titanium  based, just like their Ti mag springs. They don't loose tension and will not take a set.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Since this thread is half hi-jacked already -

I have shot several rounds of .223 through drywall at 10 yards with a cardboard target another 10-15 yards away and most of the 223 appeared to still be intact and pretty much on line so please don't go sprayin bullets if you ever have a SHTF situation assuming they will vaporize when they hit drywall.  Also as drywall ages it get harder and more brittle so its impact on a bullet can vary.

Back on topic: What kind of accuracy can he expect at 100 yards and how much bullet drop at 100 if POA and POI are equal at 25yards?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks everyone.I appreciate everones info.I took the gun out and put about 100 more rounds through it.I was hitting 20 ounce pop bottles at about 100yd!its a flat top,with milled front sight.im gonna order a flip-up front sight from bushmaster soon.also have a arms#40 im gonna put on it.right now it only has a red-dot.anyway,thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since this thread is half hi-jacked already -

I have shot several rounds of .223 through drywall at 10 yards with a cardboard target another 10-15 yards away and most of the 223 appeared to still be intact and pretty much on line so please don't go sprayin bullets if you ever have a SHTF situation assuming they will vaporize when they hit drywall.  Also as drywall ages it get harder and more brittle so its impact on a bullet can vary.

Back on topic: What kind of accuracy can he expect at 100 yards and how much bullet drop at 100 if POA and POI are equal at 25yards?
View Quote

[rolleyes] Now there's a scientific experiment! So was the dry wall taped textured and painted with a wood frame inbetween another finshed sheet of drywall (simulating an actual wall). Then were you using FMJ, SP, HP, and what weight 45,55,62,77gr?

I shot right through a pretty big rock one time too! [:E]

back to topic: Let's see some pics of that .45 I'd love to have a SBR one with a 7 or so inch barrel that would be fun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]
ky-medic, did you end up getting those mags from the EE forum?

[url=http://www.hunt101.com/img/053556-big.jpg]Here's a pic[/url] of my Oly .45 flattop with a bull barrel, Picatinny gas block and aluminum free float handguard, wearing a Bushnell Holosight 400.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#20]
nope,didnt get them.i was tring to work out a trade on my yugo sks for the stuff.a little short on money,just bought two new a.r's.ill be out of town for about a week.ill try to get some pics up when i get back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top