Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 11:28:29 PM EDT
I've noticed alot of you use aimpoint sights on your tactical projects and M4's.
however their website does a poor job explaing the differences between them.
What do you guys use and why? What do you recommend? Price is an issue to me.

Thanks alot in advance
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Aimpoint M-XD, ML2 and a M2. the M-XD is the older version, which is the same exact unit that got select by the Army as the M68CCO.

he current line up have the M2 and the ML2, the M2 is the NV capable unit where as the ML2 is not NV friendly, it will function with OVS14 but the older Gen 2 would has flaring problem with the ML2 at the lowest setting.

There is a Comp version, but I don't know too much about them.  I have seen members on this board using them with great success.

Look around on the Exchange board to see if anyone is getting rid of one, you can score a nice M-XD for around 200 dollars.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The M2 is the Army's M68.  There aren't any US Govt Property marks on them or anything. They just say Aimpoint Comp M2, made in Sweden.  The only difference is the box they come in, which contains a carry handle mount and QD flat-top mount.  I've got one on my own AR and my issued one and they are exact replicas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
'Cept I think the newer generation Aimpoints have many thousands more available hours in them from the same batteries, correct?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have heard you get double the life from the batteries in the newer aimpoints.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The new gen Aimpoints get something like 5000 hours max on their batteries, less on higher intensity settings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The new CET models offer a theoretical battery life of close to 10,000hrs in the lower settings.  Ive had one for a year, and Im still running the original battery.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top